6

dan

it's been two days since i've been to phil lester's office, two days since i have been nervously anticipating how it would be like to work with him. my family congratulated me, my mum and brother came over to celebrate, my dad was busy with work so he just sent me a small text, but that was sufficient for me.

they were gone the next day, leaving me alone with a slightly messy apartment and my anxious thoughts but that was how it always has been so i was fine with it. i practiced piano in that time, to calm my nerves and did some more research about my producer.

according to google, whoever that worked with phil lester was successful within a year, and he was one of the youngest people in the production industry. he was responsible for a lot of soaring careers and i just felt lucky that he'll be working with me.

it was seven in the evening, when i was laying on my couch, watching fullmental alchemist and relentlessly stuffing my mouth with chips when my phone rang. it was slightly annoying, that someone would call me when i was crucially busy, and so i frustratedly picked up the phone, pressing the device against my ear.

"hello?" my mouth was still partially full when i spoke, causing my voice to be muffled, and i just heard a sigh from the other end.

"is this daniel?" the voice was deep, and my eyes widened before i pulled back to see the number.

phil.

"are you okay? what the hell?" his voice was slightly rushed when he heard me coughing violently, spewing bits of  potato chips all over my carpet, before i regained myself, and sat up, taking a deep breath before speaking.

"i-hi, hello, sorry,"

"what happened?"

"i-i just choked on chips," i mumbled, slightly embarrassed and i could hear him snicker annoyingly on the other end.

"not the only thing you'll be choking on," he remarked cheekily and i rolled my eyes, a blush rising to my cheeks and i was thankful that this was just a phone call, and not a real life conversation.

"anyways," he began when i did not respond to his comment. "i called to let you know that you have to be at the office tomorrow morning at eight o' clock sharp, alright?"

"yeah, okay i'll be there,"

"i don't want you to be late," he muttered before ending the call, and i let out a breath of relief. my eyes scan the ruined carpet and i contemplate whether i should clean it now or not, before i just let it be, laying back on the couch, and resuming the anime once again.

--

teenagers scare the living shit out of me