12

( just a heads up that dan is shorter than phil in this book )

dan

"can you close the door?" phil says to rebecca just as she's leaving and i groan out loud. they already have been annoyingly flirting since ten minutes and honestly i'm dying for her to leave.

"no, you close the door," rebecca puts her hands on her waist, a smirk settling on her painted lips and i close my eyes in frustration. i know what she's doing, fucking desperate bitch.

"aw no you close the door," phil's voice sounds close to me and once i open my eyes and glare at him he just gives me an innocent smile, walking towards her again. oh my fucking god.

"no you close the door," she says again as phil approaches her and i might actually scream if they start making out.

"nah, you close the door sweetheart," phil's voice sounds weirdly sensual and i look away from their exchange, crossing my arms across my chest.

"no yo—" by now i can see phil edging closer to her and i feel compelled to cut in.

"i would love to do the honours, personally," i pipe and when both of them turn slightly to look at me, my confidence fades into non existence, my cheeks flushing.

phil is looking at me with his eyebrows raised and a knowing look in his pretty eyes, and rebecca seems equally as embarrassed as me as her tinted cheeks turn pinker, and she purses her lips.

"so, i'll see you around phil," she tucks a loose piece of brown hair behind her ear and phil looks back at her.

"yeah sure, call me when you get home," phil's arms open for a hug and she basically falls onto him, her face resting in the crook of his neck due to her height. what the fuck.

when they part, phil leaves another kiss to her right cheek and she just bites her lip annoyingly, causing me to roll my eyes.

"and you too dan! don't forget to practice all the mouth exercises, i'll see you day after tomorrow," she smiles at me and i just nod at her, giving her a small smile in return, sighing when she finally leaves. phil shuts the door, and i'm so fucking thankful for it, as i move to stuff the folder she handed me into my bag.

"so," phil begins, his long fingers tapping on the backrest of the wooden chair. "how did you like her?" he raises an eyebrow in question, only smirking again when i look at him with an annoyed expression.

"she's okay," i lie through my teeth. i mean it's not exactly a lie because she is infact okay, i just hate her around phil.

"well i think she's great," phil pushes and i roll my eyes.

"yeah i can tell," i retort and hear his footsteps as he walks closer towards me.

"you seem annoyed," he points out, hands reaching out to grip my shoulders, and he leans in closer towards my neck, hot breath fanning over the shell of my ear.

"i-i'm not, i'm just tired," i explain shrugging off his grip, feeling my stomach melt into nothingness at his touch. what the hell is his problem?

"oh alright," he doesn't say anything else, only flops carelessly on the couch, making some of the papers scattered on it fall down.

"you are such a messy person! what are you doing?" i yell at him and he just finds my agitation amusing, because he starts laughing once i bend over to pick up the sheets.

"damn daniel, back at it again with the nice ass," he comments in a fake american accent and i feel the colour drain from my face as i stand up straight, pulling my pants up my hips.

"s-shut up, that's a very overrated meme by the way, grow up," i try to sound angry but i fail miserably because he starts laughing again at my red cheeks. i hate him.

"anyway, i'm going home," i announce when he's not done giggling and he just pouts a little bit.

"why? i mean can't we just hang out as friends?" he gets off the couch, swinging one of his arms around my shoulders and i look at him skeptically.

"friends? i don't want to know what you do with your friends," i mutter and he just leans down to press a swift kiss against my cheek, the flesh burning as soon as his lips touched it.

"ah don't worry, for now just lunch, my treat," he offers, raising his eyebrows and i look up at him slightly.

fuck, why does he have to be so gorgeous?

"okay," i give in, trying to sound like i'm not as excited as the butterflies in my stomach and his lips spread into a wide grin.

"great," he retreats his arm from around me, leaving my shoulders weightless and less warm than they were previously. "so do you like japanese or are we gonna have some take out?"

--
send you roses when they think you need to smile