31

a/n : i was gonna do 'hey jude' but then i read the comments and most of u wanted 'can't help falling in love' so thats what we're doing ;)

dan

"wise men say," he begins and the three effortlessly sung syllables are more than enough to knock the breath out of me. they sound so good, so unrealistically beautiful slipping from his mouth and no matter how many times i had envisioned phil singing, nothing can match this.

"only fools rush in," the volume rises just a little, just enough to accentuate the gravel undertone of his voice and i clasp my hands together tightly in my lap as i watch him—sharp eyes softened to a dull blue and his pink lips forming words slowly.

"but i can't help," he looks at me.

"falling in love with you," his fingers reach up to push my hair off my forehead and i hold my breath, his hand travelling down just a little to cup my jaw and run the pad of his thumb across my cheek.

"shall i stay," and all too soon his touch is gone and his fists are closed over the steering, a knowing smile on his lips.

"would it be a sin?" he glances at me momentarily just to see how much of an affect he has on me.

"if i can't help, falling in love with you," and when he pauses to smile at me again, sapphire eyes reflecting the traffic lights while soft crinkles guard them, i realise that no matter how many times phil lester breaks my heart, i will always let him.

+

"m'lady," phil tips an invisible fedora before opening the door of his apartment for me, and i blush, of course i do, before stepping inside and letting my eyes soak up the place where he spends most of his time. i can see how. . .phil it looks, record labels decorating the patterned white wall and a vinyl player showed off next to possibly the largest lava lamp i have ever seen. comfortable looking couches outline the glass-top table in the living room, facing lazily towards a huge led television.

when i walk in further, i notice the pictures lining the walls—many of them include phil playing different instruments, at award shows, while camping and there are a few with another man who looks like him—i assume it's his brother.

"i'm guessing you'd be interested in seeing the bedroom?" he distracts me from my shameless gawking, nudging me playfully and i swat at his arm.

"kidding," he laughs, the same adorable laugh with his tongue poking through his teeth and i swear to god every time he does that, i lose my breath just a little bit more than the last time. i look away once i realise i've been watching him too fondly, feeling the warmth grow in my cheeks.

"what's your favourite movie?" phil asks me, placing his hand against my lower back and guiding me to the couch.

"i don't really have a favourite but i'm kind of in the mood for moulin rouge," i shrug and his eyes light up momentarily.

"you know that movie?"

"yeah it's one of my favourites," i smile at him and he grins, running his fingers through his hair.

"i love that movie, wait i'll get blankets and stuff, you can put on the movie till then," he smiles one last time before tossing me the remote and disappearing somewhere in the expansive house, my fingers fiddling with the object in my hand clumsily before i figure out how to work it. i quickly type in the movie and wait for it to pop up on netflix, sitting back in relief once i find the familiar cover.

"who wants a hug from big foot?" phil snickers, two fluffy blankets wrapped around his shoulders and draped over his head. i giggle quietly, he is already so tall, the blankets just make him look more like big foot.

"not me," i snort unenthusiastically, but my opinion is disregarded as phil jumps onto me with full force, knocking me back onto the sofa, his body pinning mine to the cushions.

"hey," he breathes, looking down at me and making his hair fall into his eyes—oh god this man wants me to actually die.

"hi," i gulp inaudibly, wondering how the hell am i not supposed to kiss him when he's looking at me like that but i'm put out of the dilemma once phil presses a wet kiss against my cheek and rolls off of me, and to the side. he tosses one of the blankets towards me before shifting enough so our thighs are pressed together, raising his eyebrows in question once i blush and attempt to get rid of the heat in my cheeks by pressing my cold hands against my face.

"you okay there baby?" he drapes his arm across my shoulder and pulls me to his side and for a solid minute i forget how to breathe.

"u-um yeah, can we start the movie?" he just laughs softly in response and ruffles my hair, leaving his arm across my shoulders like it's the most natural thing to do. i sigh quietly before leaning in more towards him, allowing my head to rest on his chest and i feel his grip tighten on me just a little.

this is going to be a long night.

--
scRACK i hope this wasn't too bad

happy birthday phil lesty!!