20

dan

"phil! what are you doing?" i whine, a small laugh escaping my lips as he places soft kisses against my neck, his arms wound tightly around my waist and our bodies merely centimetres apart because of the limited space in his car.

he had insisted on driving me home after work, saying that he had to go that way anyhow because he needed to meet someone. i wrap my arms around his neck, planting a brief kiss against his cheek as he looks up at me, sighing and slumping back against the leather.

"i don't want to go there and listen to harrison ramble about different kinds of crescendos," phil complains, a small pout on his pink lips, and i have this sudden urge to just kiss him. i have been having this urge every second i look at him, but that's a different thing.

i don't know what this sudden closeness changes between us and i can only hope that our work won't get affected by this. i'm slightly reluctant to this sudden change, considering the fact that phil is certainly very..sexually active with other people.

it's been only a few hours since whatever happened, so i don't want to just jump in and talk about proposing any relationship, but i will have to talk to phil about these things. i don't want my already anxious mind getting worried over who phil is sleeping with.

"then don't go," i answer childishly, my fingers rubbing against the back of his neck and he leans forward to capture my lips in a short kiss, his teeth nibbling at my lower lip teasingly, causing a restrained moan to vibrate in the back of my throat.

"i have to go baby," he mumbles in my mouth and i groan, pulling away and furrowing my eyebrows as i look at his face.

"then go and come back here after you're done," i unwrap my arms from around his neck. "what time are you picking me up anyway?" my fingers reach up to push his fringe into place and he tugs me closer just a little before answering.

"um, how about seven? is that okay?" he asks, eyebrows raised and his blue eyes bright. i just give him a small smile and nod, pressing one last kiss against his cheek and struggling to get off his lap.

five minutes later, i'm leaning against the window ledge of the driver's seat, waving phil goodbye, and his lips pull into a charming smile before he drives off, leaving me to anticipate our little date.

or whatever it was.

+

"fourth floor, right?" phil's voice is loud and heavy, an undertone of confusion seeping into it. i'm a little skeptical about letting him see my apartment because no one really comes here except for my family, and i'm certainly not ready for a negative reaction on this place that i've come to love.

"yeah," my voice sounds jittery and i clear my throat. "the one with, the one with a giant plant outside,"

"alright, i'm climbing the stairs, see you," he ends the call before i can reply and i nervously smoothen my fringe over my forehead, picking up the empty bowl that previously contained popcorn off the centre table, and keeping it in the sink.

the buzzer rings loudly, cutting through the silence of my apartment and i can feel my heart beat increasing as i swallow the lump of uncertainty, and pull at the sleeves of my black shirt, bunching up the material in my fists.

i sigh out loud before gripping the door handle, twisting it silently and pulling the door open, only to reveal phil who is aimlessly playing with the leaves of the fern outside. when he notices that the door has been opened, he turns his gaze towards me, thick, black rimmed glasses framing his pretty eyes and single rose in his left hand.

"hello beautiful," and just by the way he flashes me a charming smile, i can feel all my worries melt away, and i quickly wrap my arms around his waist once he opens his for a hug, the heat travelling to my cheeks once he presses a kiss against my hair.

"is that for me?" i wiggle my eyebrows at the flower in his hand and his cheeks flush for a while before he rolls his eyes, pushing past me and walking inside without invitation, and i close the door, leaning against it as his eyes roam around the place.

"what are you doing?" i ask him as he grabs an empty flower vase and walks into the kitchen, i timidly follow him, with confusion lurking in my expression.

"putting it in a vase, what are you doing?"

"i'm wondering why the hell are you so weird," i roll my eyes, and he looks at me for a moment before rolling his.

"i just plucked it out of someone's garden, i don't want it to die,"

--

hi do u like where its going