Chapter 12//A Vacation?

°•Aphmau's POV•°•

The next day, I woke up before Laurance did. I smiled at him sleeping peacefully. I pecked his lips and got out of bed to get something to eat. I ate an apple and walked out of the house to say good morning to my village. I saw Dante walking along the plaza so I walked over to him to say hello.

"Good morning, Dante!" I said. He turned to me and smiled.

"Morning, m'lord. Sleep well?" He asked.

"Yep! I slept well. I'm ready for whatever lies ahead today! I hope some people will join our alliance." I said.

"Oh, yeah. About the alliance thing...Aphmau, you've been such an amazing lord to us all and you've been working so hard and doing so much for us. So...we think that you diverse a break." He said.

"What do you mean? I'm completely fine! I want to head out and get some alliance members!" I said.

"We can still do that but we think you should just...take it easy for today. Maybe take a small trip out to sea with Laurance or something! You've done so much for us, now its time for us to repay you. Go out and have fun for once!" He said.

"Well...I guess you're right. We can save the alliance hunting for another day. I'll go on a trip with Laurance like you said!" I said.

"Yeah, go ahead! Wait...will you be able to handle being on a boat at sea?" He asked.

"Hey, I'll be fine. I don't get motion sickness. Oh wait, I get what you mean. I'm...pregnant...but I'll be fine!"

"Okay, you seem pretty confident to me. I wont worry about you. Now go and tell Laurance and go have fun!"

I smiled. "I will! Thanks, Dante!"

I walked off and headed for the house. I walked into my- our room and jumped on top of Laurance to wake up.

"Ow! What the heck!?" He said as he woke up.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty! Today is a special day!" I yelled in his face.

"Huh? Oh yeah. We're gonna set out to-"

"Wrong! We're taking a trip to take a break! Dante suggested we take it easy for once. I mean, we've been under a lot of pressure lately. With Michi and everything, us being engaged, me being pregnant, we need a break for once!" I said with a smile. He yawned.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Where are we going? Will it just be us?" He asked.

"We're just gonna take a small trip across the sea. And I guess it wouldn't hurt to bring along another."

"Let's bring another person along. Someone like...Katelyn? We hardly hang out with her but she seems cool. I think she deserves a break." He said.

"Hm, okay! Lets tell her."

We got off the bed and walked out of the house to tell Katelyn. We knocked on her door and she soon answered.

"What? Oh, hey Lady Aphmau, hey Laurance. Whats up?" She asked in a sleepy voice.

"Wanna come on a trip across the ocean with us for a day?" I asked with a smile.

A huge smile came across her face. "Would I!? That would he great! Heck yeah!" She yelled. I giggled.

"Okay, great! Let's-"

"Hold on, if Katelyn is going, then I am too." Lucinda said. We turned to her.

"Uh, okay. Why?" I asked.

"Just to make sure she doesn't cause any trouble for you. You know how Katelyn can be. Also, if she falls in love with a hot guy, I will make sure to call dibs." She said with a sly grin.

"HEY!" Katelyn yelled.

"Well, I guess you two are both coming along!" I said.

We walked over to the docks and climbed aboard a boat. We also brought along some crates with food in them and also extra clothes in case we have to change.

We said goodbye and set out to sea.

"Whew! Alright, It feels good to get a break after everything that's happened so far!" I said while stretching my arms.

"Yeah, tell me about it. Hm, I wonder if we find an island while we're away." Laurance said.

"Ooh, that would be nice! Like a little private island to explore!" I said.

"Hm, I just came along for the hot guys we might meet." Lucinda said. Katelyn groaned.

"What is with you and boys?" She asked.

"Well, unlike you, I actually WANT a guy to spend the rest of my days with! I want a perfect relationship like Laurance and Aphmau's." She said.

"Hey, I wouldn't mind having a boyfriend!" Katelyn argued.

"Well too bad because no guy would ever fall for you because of how...hostile and mean you always are." Lucinda said with a smirk.

"Hey! Like any guy would fall for a witch like you! 90% of people hate witches and burn them alive so you're chances of getting a boyfriend is most likely a 0." Katelyn said.

They continued to argue while me and Laurance watched awkwardly. I groaned.

"Break it up! Both of you are very beautiful and amazing so you'll both probably get a boyfriend." I said. They glared at each other.

"I'm getting something to eat..." Lucinda said as she walked away from us. Katelyn walked over to the side of the ship and looked into the water.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Hm? I'm fine! Something is just on my mind...I don't want to talk about it." She said sadly.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked. She nodded and didn't say a word. I walked away.

I wonder what was up with Katelyn...she seemed kinda off. I just hope she's okay.

I am so sorry! Its been a month since I've updated this. Ill try to go back to my regular schedule. Hope u enjoyed!

~Kitty