Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Sara's POV

  As soon as we got into the car I turned the radio on, loud enough so we could hear it clearly but still be able to hear each other as we spoke. "So where do you wanna eat?" I asked Melissa once I had pulled out of the driveway and started driving down the road, "And don't you dare say I don't care or it doesn't matter," I said giving her a look knowing she was going to say that, "You are choosing."

  She huffed in response. "At least give me some options."

  I gave her an annoyed look, "Well I don't want to go too far into town since its already a little after 7, but I figure we can go do some back to school shopping after we eat, if it's not too late." Melissa nodded. "If you want something quick we can do In N Out or we can actually sit down and do BJ's or something."

  "Let's just do In N Out, so we have enough time to do the shopping, and plus I'm craving a good burger and fries."

  I laughed, "Alright! Sounds good." I headed the way down to In N Out and about 5 minutes later we arrived. I parked the car and we hopped out. I locked the doors and we made our way to the entrance. As soon as we opened the doors we were greeted with the salty scent of burgers and fries. Seeing as it was Friday night, as soon as we walked through the doors the line was already to the door. I sighed and turned to Melissa, "What do you want? I'm buying."

  "I can buy, I really don't mind." she said pulling out her wallet.

  I pushed her hand away and shook my head, "I got it. Don't worry about it." I told her as she sighed.  I grabbed my wallet out of my bag and held it in my hand as Melissa and I chatted while waiting in the line. The line was moving slowly but within 5 minutes, we had reached the front of the line and we were ordering our food. I motioned for Melissa to order first, and she stepped up to the counter.

  "I'll have a cheeseburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake, please." Melissa told the worker, as the worker nodded and punched in the order.

  Melissa moved out of the way and I stepped up. "I'll have a hamburger, fries, and a chocolate milkshake."

  The worker nodded, "Is that all for you today?" I nodded, "Your total will be $10.04 and your order number is 56." she told me as I handed her my credit card. She swiped it and handed me my receipt. "Thank you have a great day." she told me as I put the receipt and my card back into my wallet.

  "Outside or inside?" Melissa asked me, talking about where I wanted to sit.

  "Outside. It's a nice day." I told her and she nodded, walking away to find a table.

  About 5 minutes later 56 was called and I grabbed the tray and walked outside, finding Melissa sitting at a table playing on her phone. As she heard me walking over, she looked up and smiled. I placed the tray on the table and situated myself on the bench across from Melissa. Melissa grabbed her food off the tray, and I followed in her suit. We dug into our food and ate in peace. Melissa finished before me and placed her trash back onto the tray. A few minutes later I finished up my food, with just my milkshake left. I placed my trash on the tray and Melissa stood up and dumped the trash into the trash bin and placed the tray back. "Ready to go?" I asked Melissa as she made her way back to the table. She nodded and we grabbed our shakes and made our way back to my car. I unlocked the doors, and we jumped in and got situated. We placed our milkshakes in the cup holder and I started up the car. I pulled out of the In N Out lot and drove down the road toward a Target.

  "Well I don't know about you, but I am stuffed." Melissa stated as she leaned back and patted her stomach.

  "Like a turkey?" I started cracking up at my own joke, and Melissa just looked at me like I was a freak. "God I'm hilarious." I said as I regained myself.

  "You're really not."

  I looked over to a smirking Melissa, "Oh you know I'm funny. Just admit it."

  She shook her head and I laughed. A few minutes later I pulled into the Target parking lot. I parked the car, stepped out, and locked the car. As Melissa and I walked into Target she grabbed a cart and started pushing it. I glanced at my watch. It read 7:58. I followed behind Melissa who was pushing the cart towards the school supply section. "Should we get some groceries while we're here?" she asked, turning her head to face me.

  I shook my head, "No I can just go to Trader Joe's tomorrow or something. It's getting late and I just want to get home."

  She nodded and we found our way to the supply section. We picked up some binders, notebook paper, pencils, pens, the basics. We'd get everything else we'd need once our teachers told us specifically what we needed. Within 30 minutes we were in and out of Target. 15 minutes later I was pulling the car back into our driveway. I parked the car and turned it off as Melissa stepped out. I got out and we walked to the trunk, grabbing our bags. I shut the trunk and walked up to the front door. I first locked my car and unlocked the front door. We stepped inside the house and shut the door. I quickly locked the door and slid my shoes off. "I'm just gonna put my stuff upstairs and get a shower." Melissa told me as she was walking towards the stairs.

  I nodded, "I'll be down here."

  Melissa nodded and made her way upstairs to her room. I heard her door shut and a few minutes later heard the water start running. I then grabbed my shoes and my bags and made my way upstairs. I walked into my room, flicked on the lights, and set my bags on the floor and threw my shoes in the closet. My room was big, but not too big where it was overwhelming. The bed sat in the middle of the room, my bookshelf, and a desk also took up space in my room. I made my way into the connected bathroom and took of the makeup I had on and brushed out my hair. I then put it up into a bun, and began to brush my teeth. When I was done in the bathroom I made my way back out to my room and changed into some sweats and a t-shirt. I then grabbed my phone and laptop and made my way back downstairs. I set my stuff on the coffee table in the living room and made my way into the kitchen, where I grabbed the little bit of milkshake I still had left. I walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch. I grabbed the remote turning the TV on to some random show. I grabbed my laptop and decided to finish up a summer assignment I still needed to finish up. I pulled up my paper and continued where I had left off. 5 minutes into writing, I heard Melissa bounding down the stairs. I looked up from my paper and smiled. "You can put something on the TV if you want. I'm not really even watching."

  She nodded and joined me on the couch. I gave her the remote and she changed it to some show I had never seen before and I went back to my paper. "Whatcha writing?" she asked as she leaned over peering onto my computer screen.

  I chuckled at her nosiness, "My summer paper."

  "Ew that sucks."

  "I guess."

  "Can you believe school starts in a week?" she asked me.

  "No. I wish summer lasted longer." I said with a groan.

  "You and me both," she said, "Come on, finish that later, lets watch a movie."

 I finished up the sentence I was on, saved it and shut my computer. "What movie did you have in mind?"

  "Spring Breakers?"

  "That movie looks so stupid." I whined.

  "I know but we can watch it and make fun of it." she told me.

  "Finnneeee." I grabbed a blanket for myself and Melissa from the other couch and gave her one. I shut the lights off and cuddled under my blanket. During the movie we were making fun of the girls, covering our eyes, and laughing hysterically. Once the movie was over I felt so drained.  I stood up, grabbed my phone and laptop and told Melissa, "I'm heading to bed. See ya tomorrow."

  "Night SJ."

  "Night." I said as I ran up the stairs and into my room. I shut my door and put my laptop and phone up to charge and jumped into bed. I got comfortable and within 10 minutes fell into a deep slumber.

Authors Note:

Hope that this chapter was ok! Love you all lotssssssss! Happy Halloween btw! What are you guys going as? I'm going as a Starbucks employee! haha. Talk to you all very soon!

much love,

.xx

Sara