Chapter 8

Melissa's POV:

"Melissa, I'm heading over to Harry's. I'll be back later," I hear Sara yell from downstairs.

I shout an OK back but I'm not sure if she heard it. I get off my bed and walk over to my desk. I sit in the chair and turn my laptop on. I click on iTunes and Lorde starts blaring out loud.

I stood up from my chair and walked over to my bed before laying down on it. I reached over and grabbed my phone. I unlock my device and click on twitter. I scrolled through, favoriting and retweeting, before my phone starting quacking signaling I had a call. Liam's name appeared on the screen and I quickly hit accept.

"Hello?" I asked slowly, trying to calm my racing heart.

"Hey, Lissa! A friend of mine and I are going to the movies and I wanted to know if you would want to come? I know Sara's with Harry studying," Liam questioned through the phone. I thought about it for a minute before I figured I had nothing else to do.

"Yeah, sure! What time?" I hoped I had enough time to get ready, I thought to myself.

"I'll pick you up around 5?" He asked curiously. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw that it read 4:15.

"Sounds good!" I said with a giddy smile on my face.

"Alright, love. I'll see you then!" He bid before he hung up. I did a little happy dance and quickly stopped once I realized how stupid I probably looked.

I laughed to myself and walked over to my closet. I stripped out of the shorts I had on and shimmied into a pair of skinny jeans and slipped on a fitting baby blue sweatshirt.

I walked out of my closet and across my bedroom into my bathroom. I opened a cabinet and grabbed my curling wand. I plugged it up and tied up half my hair. I grabbed random pieces and made loose curls.

Once I finished my bottom layer, I untied the top layer of my hair and let it fall. I began making more loose curls and started singing to the new song that came on my laptop.

I unplugged the wand and set it down to cool off. I looked up in the mirror and my hair wouldn't stop falling into my face. I turned around and went to the little stand I had next to the door and grabbed a few bobby pins.

I turned back towards the mirror and pulled my hair out of my face, pinning the wild strands back.

Satisfied with my hair, I crouched down and opened the door underneath the sink. Grabbing the cover up and mascara, I stood back up. I applied the cover up in the much needed spaces and added mascara.

 Once I was finished, I walked out of the bathroom and back to my closet where I decided to wear my tan fake uggs.

I looked in the mirror and liked my outfit. It looked good for going to the movies and maybe something afterwards. I walked out of my closet and checked my phone which read  4:53.

I quickly grabbed some cash and put it in between my phone case and my phone. I slid the phone into my back pocket and walked downstairs. I sat down on the couch and decided to scroll through tumblr.

I heard a knock on the door and quickly shouted a hold on before I shut my computer off and ran over to the mirror that's hanging on the hallway wall and check my hair. I ran over to the door with my key and phone in one hand and opened the door with the other.

"Hello, love!" Liam said cheerily.

"Hey!" I chirped while shutting the door and locking it. I turned around as Liam spoke.

"So my friend is in the car. I'm sure you guys will get along!"

"Alright, cool! I can't want to meet him! Are you sure don't mind me coming?" I asked while we walked down the short driveway before we reached his car.