Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Sara's POV

As soon as I said his name, I saw something flicker in Melissa's eyes. I gave her a questioning look, "What?" I ask her.

  "I went out with him today." she says as her eyebrows scrunch together, trying to process things.

  "What?" I ask her again very confused. 

  "Well I didn't know who he was and I didn't know he was even gonna be there. Liam just said him and his friend were going out," she explains as she puts her hands over her eyes, "I didn't even know it was him!"

  I could tell she felt bad, going out with my ex-boyfriend. I sat up, "Look, it's okay. I don't mind you going out with him once in a while," I reassure her, "Maybe he's changed," I say trailing off. 

  Melissa gives me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry. I wouldn't have gone out with them, if I had realized who he was."

  "It's really okay. But what is he doing back here?" I wonder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It's been a few days since found out Zayn is back in town. I've kind of put everything that happened between us, behind me, but I can't help but wonder why he's back in town.

  It's now Monday morning and I'm currently getting ready to go to class. I quickly change into a pair of jeans and a baggy sweatshirt, and throw on a pair of flip flops. I have zero energy, since the past few nights I have been up at night playing out different scenarios in my head, of why Zayn is back. I grab my backpack and grab my phone off the nightstand and turn it on. I've had my phone off for a few days, not wanting to talk to anyone except Melissa. Once it starts up, I see I have quite a few text messages. All from Harry. I sigh. I feel bad, I haven't said a word to Harry since he tried to kiss me. I'm not being very fair to him, but I just need time to think.

Hey, please call me.

Are you okay?

  We need to talk.

  Please call me.

  I just want to talk, please give me a call.

 And then the messages just stop. I shove my phone into my pocket and head down the stairs. I grab my keys and head outside to my car. I throw everything into the passenger side of my car and then start it up. I start to feel even sleepier than I did before and I decide I need some caffeine. I check the clock to see how much time I have to spare before class starts. It's 10:00 and class doesn't start until 10:30, so I decide to make a trip to Starbucks. Thankfully, there is a Starbucks close to the university, so I have time to spare.

   I pull into the parking lot, park my car, and shut the car off. I grab my wallet out of my bag and step out of the car. I lock the car and walk to the front door. As soon as I walk inside, I am greeted by the warm smell of freshly brewed coffee. I notice the line isn't too long, for which I am thankful for. I get into line and within 5 minutes, I have reached the front of the line. I quickly order and pay and step to the side as I wait for my drink. A few minutes later my name is called and I grab my coffee.

  As I walk out of the store, I realize that it's going to be a nice day today, seeing as the sun is already beating down on us at only 10:15 in the morning. I get back into my car and sip my coffee as I drive down to the English hall of the university. I park my car and grab my bag and my coffee and begin to walk inside. As I enter the hall I feel cool air from the air conditioning blowing on me. I walk into my classroom and take a seat in my usual spot. I see that almost everyone is already here, except for Harry, Madi, and one of the bitchy girls.