Chapter 5

Chapter 5: Sara's POV

  This first week of school has been amazing. Since it's my second year, I already know where to go, and how the campus is laid out, so that is one less stress to worry about. I have also, so far, been thoroughly enjoying all of my classes. Having a few of my friends in some of my classes has also made the school day a bit more enjoyable. Thankfully, today is Friday, of my second week of school. My first class today is not too early, starting at 10:30 in the morning. As I hear my alarm sound at 9:00, I roll over and shut off my alarm and pull back the covers. I slowly get out of bed, my body still contaminated with sleep. Since it's not that early, the morning light shines through my curtains, enough so I can make my way around my room without tripping, but I still walk over to my windows and throw back the curtains, making the room light up. I make my way out of my bedroom and quietly stumble down the stairs without waking Melissa. Melissa luckily doesn't have any classes today except for some random course, which doesn't start until 1 or 2 in the afternoon, so I try my best not to wake her, and let her sleep in a little bit. I walk into the kitchen and grab a bagel from the pantry and place it in the toaster. I grab the cream cheese out of the fridge and place it on the counter. As I am grabbing some chocolate milk, I hear the toaster pop, signaling my bagel is ready. I place the milk on the counter and get a plate out of the cabinet. I get my bagel out of the toaster and spread some cream cheese on it. When I've put enough cream cheese on it, I place it back into the fridge and put my plate and milk by my seat. I walk over to the living room and grab the remote to turn on the TV. As I turn on the TV, the sound of morning news fills my ears. I groan, not wanting to listen to the news. I quickly change it to something a little more interesting, and make my way back into the kitchen.  I take a seat on one of the island chairs and begin eating my bagel. I take a look at the clock, it reading 9:15. I quickly finish my bagel and bring my, now dirty, plate and glass over to the sink and rinse them off and place them into the dishwasher. I shut off the TV and make my way back upstairs to my room. When I enter my room, I walk into my bathroom and shut the door. I brush my teeth and wash my face and finish up in the bathroom. Stepping out of the bathroom, I make my way over to my closet. I walk into the closet and look through my selection of clothes. Since here in California, it's still that warm summer weather, I dress as lightly as possible to stay comfortable. I grab a pair of black jeans and roll the bottoms to make them look more like capris. I pair the jeans with a graphic tee that has little Popsicles on it. I get a pair of black sandals to finish off the outfit. After I am dressed, I make my way back into the bathroom to do my makeup. I put on some eyeliner, mascara, and a little blush to brighten up my chocolate brown skin, and decide tha's good enough. I pull my long hair out of the bun it was in and throw it into a high ponytail so it's off my face. Deciding I look fine, I walk out of the bathroom and enter my room. When I get back into my room I walk over to my nightstand and grab my phone, checking the time and for any texts. 10:01. No new texts. I put my phone into my pocket and get my backpack. I make sure I have everything I need and throw it onto my shoulders. Once again, I quietly walk down the stairs and into the kitchen. I set my backpack by the front door and grab my purse from the coat closet. I grab a bottle of water out from the cabinet, and quickly fill it with some water. I then throw it into my purse and walk over to the pantry, grabbing a snack to take with me. I grab a granola bar and an apple. I throw the granola bar into my purse and quickly rinse off the apple and throw it into my bag. Deciding to just come home for lunch, I grab a sheet of paper and write a note to Melissa. I'll be home for lunch, so let's order pizza. Order it at 11:30. I'll pick it up on my way home from class. .xx SJ. I decide to pay for lunch since Melissa paid for dinner yesterday. Even though we bought groceries, we often feel lazy and just get food instead of making it. I glance at the clock seeing 10 minutes had passed. 10:12. I need to get going so I grab my phone and my wallet and chuck them into my purse. Keeping my keys in my hand I grab my backpack and place it on my shoulders. Once I get outside, I lock the front door, and unlock my car door. I open up the passenger door and set my stuff down. Shutting the door, I walk over to the driver's seat and hop in. I start the car, and pull out of the driveway. I turn on the radio and continue down the road. About 5 minutes later, I arrive at school. I park in front of the building that my first class is held in. English. I grab my stuff, and head into the school. I don't mind English, seeing as I love to read, and my professor makes class very interesting. Once I reach my class I open up the door, seeing a few students already there. I walk in and take a seat right in the front. Most of the students sit near the back, but I get a lot more done sitting up front. My friend Madi walks into class and walks by me saying, "You should really sit back here. You look like a nerd."