Chapter 6

Melissa's POV

I sit in the passenger seat of Liam's car and watch everything pass by in a blur. We're heading to a restaurant where we are going to meet up with some friends that's in a couple of our classes.

I can't help but twiddle with my thumbs and bite my lip, something I do when I'm nervous. Thankfully, music was playing in the background so there wasn't any awkward silence.

"Thanks for drivi-" "Are you excit-" We say at the same time and then break into a fitful of laughter.

"You first," Liam says while following the GPS' direction and taking a left.

"I just want to say thanks for taking me," I said sending him a small smile.

"No need to thank me. We're going to the same place anyways," He says while glancing my way.

"So what we you gonna say," I said while looking out the window.

"Oh, are you excited for tonight? I've never been to Rubys!"

"What?! You've never been to Rubys? It's one of my favorite restaurants! They have the best burgers!" I exclaim. Sara and I go at least once month. It's become a little tradition of ours.

"Well, you'll have to show me your favorites!" He says chuckling.

The whole way consists of small talk and laughter until we pull up to the restaurant. We got out of his car and walked down the pier. It was beautiful out, the sun was setting and it felt great outside.

We got to the entrance and Liam held the door open for me. I thanked him and scurried in. We walked up to the hostess and I have him the reservation name.

The host, Jordan, was very attractive. He was very tall and well built. He had spiky black hair with dark blue eyes. I could feel his eyes rake my body. I started to feel a little uncomfortable.

"Follow me," Jordan said while starring at me. I could practically feel Liam's body tense from next to me. He put his hand on the small of my back and guided me towards Jordan. I blushed and walked forward.

We got to the table were all out friends were sitting. Two seats were empty. One chair was at one end of the table while the other empty chair was on the other side of the table. I say down and watched Liam say hello to everyone and make his way to his seat.

Our waitress came over and took our drink orders. I felt bad for the poor girl, she had to take care of 10 starving teenagers.

"What are you getting," Carrie, who was in all my Friday classes, asked. I looked down at the menu and looked at my options.

"The bacon cheeseburger," I said as my stomach growled. We laughed and waited for the waiter to come back with our drinks and took our orders.

"So what's up with you and pretty boy over there?" Lenzie asked. I looked up from my drink and looked over at Lenzie in confusion.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows at the curly haired girl.

"I said, what's going on with you and Liam?" Carrie restated. I glanced at the brown eyed boy and saw him chatting with our other friends. He caught me starring and winked before going back into his conversation.

"Nothing," I say but the heat in my cheeks gave my answer away. I've never felt comfortable talking about personal stuff unless it's with my family or Sara.

"Lies," Carrie and Lenzie say at the same time and start laughing.

"He's my neighbor, so he asked if I wanted to ride together. That's all," I said even though I knew it was a lie. I had started to develop this tiny crush after talking to him a lot lately.