prologue

There were little people in the Gryffindor common room in the cold November night. It was 12 o'clock, midnight, and Scarlett Johnson was still thinking about what else she could write in her Potions essay that Professor Slughorn would believe. So she watched the raindrops fall onto the glass of the windows in front of her instead.

Scarlett wasn't a bad student, in fact she was one of the best. The girl was born into a noble pureblood family. The family held no prejudices whatsoever, and Scarlett was grateful for that. She had seen the way her friend, Sirius, was treated like mud by his own family because he was a Gryffindor and not a Slytherin like his brother Regulus.

But Scarlett held a secret which no one knew, not even her best friends Lily or Marlene. She did not want anyone thinking of her like she was a psychic or a Seer. Scarlett knew she wasn't a Seer, for a Seer could predict the future and the girl just saw numbers.

Although the numbers were still odd. She saw numbers in the eyes of every person she's ever crossed. The numbers meant the person's date of death.

The young Gryffindor found out what the numbers meant in a rather horrific way. Her father's eyes held the numbers 31071968.

She was playing with her younger sister Mary outside of the Manor when both of them heard their mother's scream and a curse being shouted. The girls looked at each other in confusion before running inside of the Manor.

Their mother lay beside their father's corpse, crying and shaking his arm as if he were asleep and she would awake him from his slumber. But their father was not sleeping. He was dead.

It was the 31st of July 1968.

_____________

author's note:
I hope you guys will enjoy my first story. I'd be happy about votes and comments. :)