chapter twelve

"Out of our ways, citizens, we're the Wizard Cops!" Sirius and James screamed in unison as they ran around the Hufflepuff Common Room, wearing weird hats.

Loud music was playing and many drunk students were dancing or playing party games.

Scarlett, Remus and Peter were sitting on a sofa at the back of the Common Room. She saw her best friend with James and burst out laughing. She couldn't calm down after Remus had told her to.

But to her own defense, she hadn't been sober that night.

She had already drunken a whole bottle of Firewhiskey that Sirius had stolen from the Kitchens and given to her as a 'gift for her loyal services' as he had put it.

She thought he was stupid. But she drank it nonetheless because she thought she really needed it.

She had looked into many irises in the last few days, and started feeling dizzy after she realized that many students, mainly Muggleborns, were going to die soon.

That was also when she realized there was going to be a war very soon, and she couldn't tell anyone about it.

She was brought back into reality when Remus put his arm on her shoulder. But she didn't shove his arm away, or anything, because she couldn't really think straight.

"So many of them will die," she blurted, looking around the room, not realizing what she was saying. Remus turned his head to face her and chuckled.

"We all will, eventually, love."

"No– Yes, but they are going to die soon!"

"What do you mean?" He frowned.

"I know it for sure. I'm psychic," she pointed her index finger on her temple while nodding.

He looked at her, quizzically, "Very funny, but really, how do you know?"

There was a pause. And then she turned to face him again, "Know what?"

He shook his head, chuckling.

Just then she noticed his arm still resting on her shoulder. "You can't do that," she whispered, "They will know!"

He grinned, "Who cares?" To which she shouted, "I do!"

"Scarlett! So you will take our Moony to your husband? I knew it," James popped up from behind them, making the pair jump.

"James, what are you talking about? How much did you drink?" The girl asked. "Probably not quite as much as you," he said.

Sirius sat down next to her and put his legs over hers. "I think we should play one of those party games. Spin the bottle, perhaps?"

They all agreed. They sat in a circle on the floor. Next to Scarlett sat Sirius, next to him was James, Peter, Remus, Lily and Marlene closed the circle.

They played a round until it was Scarlett's turn. "Truth or Dare, my darkest shade of red?" Sirius asked her.

"Um, Dare," she said confidently.

After an exchange of glances between James, Sirius and Lily, James said, "You have to snog Moony."

Remus' eyes widened and he began to stutter, "Uh, I don't, this might not–"

But he was interrupted by Scarlett's lips pressing onto his, and he was silenced. The kiss lasted longer than it actually needed to and Remus could taste some of the Firewhiskey his girl had consumed before.