chapter two

After breakfast the small group of friends hurried to their first lesson of the day. After reaching the Charms classroom Scarlett and Remus were the last ones to get inside.

Scarlett noticed that only two seats were free and she saw Sirius and James smiling smugly at her. She shot them an annoyed glare and sat down. She looked at Remus, who was looking around the room and spotted the free seat next to the brunette.

He slowly walked over to her, his heart pounding incredibly fast in his chest. "Um, is this- is this seat free?," he stuttered, slapping himself internally. Why on earth was he so nervous out of a sudden?

Scarlett looked up, but not really looking into his eyes. He always thought it was weird, everybody always looks into his eyes whenever they spoke to him, except for her. He made a mental note to ask her why she doesn't do that when they had time.

"Mister Lupin, do you mind getting seated? We want to begin this class!" Professor Flitwick said enthusiastically. Remus nodded, blushing, and quickly sat down next to Scarlett.

Scarlett looked across the room at Sirius who winked at her. She rolled her eyes, sighing. The girl noticed that her neighbour was looking at her. "What?," she asked rather bluntly, looking at the desk. She hadn't meant to be so mean, though. "Nothing," Remus muttered, "it's just- what's wrong? Are you annoyed at something?"

Her heart fluttered. Remus was really cute, she thought, and very nice. And that her crush cared about her made her internally smile even wider.

"Sirius is just a prick like always. Nothing to worry about, Remus," she assured him. He just nodded. Charms class was soon to be over and no conversation had followed.

____________________

"No Theresa, I'm telling you, there's nothing going on between Remus and me. If there were something, would you think I wouldn't tell you?" Scarlett shot her best friend an annoying look while taking a bite out of her sandwich. It was Lunch time and the majority of the students were sitting in the Great Hall, Scarlett and Theresa sat far away from the Marauders and Lily and Marlene.

"Scar, I know you. Actually I'd be the last person to know since you never tell me anything if I wouldn't pull it out of your nose," Theresa complained and looked at her.

Theresa Fannings was Scarlett's best friend since they met and shared a compartment in the Hogwarts Express in their first year. She was a muggleborn in Gryffindor, and Scarlett felt comfortable enough to actually look at her whenever they spoke. They have hung out so many times at school that Scarlett learned to look past the date and into her eyes.

Scarlett turned to her, throwing her arms up in the air out of frustration, "That is not true! Don't you remember the time Sirius ran away? I told you about that. And now stop whining for Merlin's sake," she muttered the last part. "What's got your panties in a knot? Everyone knew about Sirius' situation back then, it was no secret. Now you stop whining or-" "Or what? You'll punch me in the face?" "Yes, that's exactly what I was going to say!"

Scarlett narrowed her eyes at her friend. "Fine," "Yes, fine!" They looked at each other and started to laugh. It was always the same; whenever they had an argument one of them was going to laugh and they eventually forgot about it.

Theresa looked behind Scarlett and her smile died down. She raised an eyebrow, "What do you want, Black?"

Theresa wasn't really fond of Sirius, but Scarlett didn't know why. She assumed it was something Theresa would never tell her for Merlin knew what reason.

Sirius was standing behind Scarlett, both of his hands on each of her shoulders. He grinned, "There is something incredibly urgent I need to ask Scarlett, mind if I take her with me?" "Actually-" "Great, thanks," he interrupted her and forced Scarlett to stand up.

"Sirius, what-" "You need to come to the library," he broke her questioning mid-sentence while they walked to the Great Hall.

"Why should I-" "You haven't finished your Potions essay now, have you?" She looked at him in confusion. "No, why-" "Great, now come with me," he said while pulling her with him, she had problems keeping up with him.

"Sirius, quit the interrupting now, would you? You're getting on my nerves already and I've only seen you for 5 minutes! And keep your dirty fingers off me," Scarlett complained, pushing his hands off her. He sighed in annoyance and pointed his forefinger at her, "You should quit the whining, woman."

She rolled her eyes. They reached the library and Sirius took her arm again, pulling her towards a table where Remus sat with his glasses on, concentrating on something he wrote with his quill. Sirius sat down and motioned to Scarlett to do the same.

"Moony, I've got company for you. Scarlett hasn't finished her Potions essay as well, so I thought you could finish them together," Sirius beamed, obviously proud with the idea he, James and Peter came up with. He then stood up and casually left the library without a word.

Scarlett and Remus exchanged awkward glances. After a few minutes he said, "Um, don't you want to take out your homework? I doubt you can finish it if you won't take it out."

Scarlett noticed her cheeks getting hotter and she took out the half finished essay. They helped each other at some parts, when one of them didn't know something and the other knew the answer.

"I really like your glasses, they fit you very well," she blurted. She hadn't meant to say it, the words just slipped out of her mouth. Remus opened his mouth, unsure of what to say.

"Thanks, I guess." "Do you actually see something when you don't have them on? Or are they just reading glasses?," she tried to expand the conversation and not make it any more awkward, but Remus was fidgeting with his fingers, showing that he was obviously uncomfortable.

"No, um, I don't need to wear them like James does, so they're just reading glasses, I guess," he mumbled. She nodded, changing the topic to something less awkward.

Behind a few shelves James, Sirius and Peter were hidden underneath James' Invisibility Cloak. James and Peter furrowed their eyebrows while Sirius was cringing badly.

"Why are they so awkward? Can't they have normal conversations like everybody else does in this castle for Merlin's sake!," Sirius complained. "Calm down, Padfoot. They've never really had a real conversation before, what did you expect?," James tried to calm him down.

"Guys, where are they going?," Peter interrupted his friends' conversation. The other two immediatly stopped talking and realized that the bell has rung and most of the students in the library began going to their classes.

They started to make their way to the dungeons because they had Potions next and didn't want to be late.

____________________

author's note:
The end of this chapter is so bad like???? wtf guys
But yes, long time no see, I put down this story but then put it up again. I apologize.
I wouldn't be sad if you shared my story tho, thx guys
See you next chapter love you all