chapter three

As Professor Slughorn announced that he wanted to collect the homework, Scarlett and Remus walked up to the front as well as the other students and turned their essays in.

They stood there for a few more seconds in which Remus just stared at his friend, and vice versa. He noticed that her brown eyes held small light dots and he felt his knees go weak.

How could someone possibly be this beautiful, he thought, and how in Merlin's name was he lucky enough to have her as a friend?

Scarlett interrupted his thoughts by curving her lips into a smile and looking at him for a brief moment, before averting her gaze and walking back to her seat next to Theresa, Lily and Marlene.

"Move, Lupin, or I'll make you."

Remus snapped out of his trance and glanced down at the small Slytherin standing in front of him, looking quite pissed. He blushed and began walking to his seat next to the other Marauders, but knocked into a table that was on his way.

He heard the girls at Scarlett's table giggle and noticed his ears getting even hotter, and made his way towards his friends. Sirius had his right hand over his eyes, embarrassed of his friend.

"Moony, sometimes I wonder why I befriended you. That was humiliating, no, mortifying," he groaned.

Peter chuckled at his words while Remus just rolled his eyes. Sirius tended to be over-dramatic at times.

"Sirius, the boy's in love. Of course he's a tiny bit clumsy when he's around Scarlett. People tend to do that...," James trailed off, but Remus was quick to come across, "I am not in love, James."

"Yes, James, you should know about behaviour when in love," Sirius winked at the boy, but he just glared at him.

___________________

"I'm telling you, we need a nickname for Scarlett when we talk about her. She's going to overhear us when we talk about the plan and everything will fall apart!"

The four Marauders were sitting in the library where they actually planned on doing their homework, but Remus was the only one that actually did work and didn't intend on even listening to the conversation going on at the table while the others were more interested in getting to the next step of their plan.

"Peter, she knows about the plan, how many times do I have to tell you that I told her already? Did your brain get stuck the size of a rat's since the last transformation? For Godric's sake," Sirius sighed before leaning back in his seat.

Ignoring Sirius attempt to throw a fit, James suggested, "How about we name her, um, Sunny? You know, Moony and Sunny. That would be cute."

Peter and Sirius simultaniously scrunched up their noses and the idea was quickly forgotten about.

A few other suggestions were made and while the three's bickering grew louder, Madam Pince was inconspicuously making her way over to them, sorting a few books in the book shelves and looking over at them.

As Remus noticed he quickly told his friends to shut up.

James ruffled his hair, making it even messier than it was before. He pressed his lips together, "Let's call her Subject Number One. And Moony is Subject Number Two whenever we talk about the plan. When we don't, he's Moony."

Sirius and Peter nodded in agreement. James leaned back in his seat, a satisfied smile was plastered on his face.

Remus stood up and about to make his way to the Common Room. "Moony, what-" "I've finished my homework and planned on taking a nap. I'm a bit exhausted," he explained. The group of boys looked at him and nodded as they realized that the full moon was going to arrive in a few days and Remus always was exhausted before and after the transformation.

"But can we-" "No," he said, knowing that his friends were too bloody lazy to do their own homework and copy his instead.

Once he gave the password to the Fat Lady and stepped into the Gryffindor Common Room, he bumped into someone, causing them to let their books fall on the floor.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he apologized and leaned down to pick up the books. He stood up again and finally saw who he bumped into; at the sight of her his heart jumped.

"No, it's fine. Um, is everything alright? You look a bit ill," Scarlett asked once she noticed the dark circles under his eyes and his pale skin. He was paler than normal and he picked up her books pretty slowly.

He grinned tiredly at her, "Yes, I'm just a bit tired, 's all."

He walked straight to his dorm room without telling further, and Scarlett narrowed her eyes. Why was he acting so odd?

But then she realized that it probably doesn't even have to do anything with her and that he might have a secret, but so did she. And she knew how to keep a secret, she carried the biggest one of her life with her for 16 years now and not even Sirius nor Theresa, her best friends, knew about it.

She sighed, she made a mental note to ask Sirius about Remus' well being.

After all, she cared a lot about him.

________________

author's note:

This is a short chapter. Sorry. Also I haven't really had time to write and update because I'm not at home, I hope you understand.
Please leave a vote and comment, love you all see you next time💓