chapter twenty-two

"I don't know what to do," Scarlett sobbed. She had told Lily everything about her current position, and Lily was now stroking her friend's head as it had been placed on her lap.

Well. Not everything everything. She had told her only about the thing growing inside of her.

(Which Lily had already suspected. She's a genius, it was only a matter of time until she would have found out. Plus, Scarlett hadn't been very subtle on it.)

"I just– can't live– it's not what I want– oh, Merlin, what if Remus will leave me once he finds out? Oh, God–"

"Now shut up, will you?" Lily said fiercely. She pushed Scarlett so she would sit upright. "He won't leave you. He loves you too much to do that. Besides, why would you think he'd leave in the first place, I mean, have you ever talked to him?"

The brunette of the two looked at Lily with red eyes. Her lips were swollen from all the crying and sobbing.

She took Lily's hand and placed it on her stomach.

Lily looked at her, and then she looked down to her stomach. Scarlett said, "Isn't this enough reason to leave?"

The redhead shook her head, "Believe me when I say he won't. You know him. Does Sirius know?"

Scarlett nodded. What she didn't tell Lily, though, was how Sirius found out. She was glad Lily didn't ask.

She was tired of lying to everyone.

Lily handed her a tissue. She gladly took it, and wiped her tears.

The redhead put her hand on Scarlett's shoulder in a comforting manner. "You should tell him. He needs to know. He's worried about you," she said, before standing up.

When Lily left, Scarlett sighed loudly.

______________

"Where's Remus?" Scarlett asked once she reached the Gryffindor common room.

"It depends," Sirus said. "Is it urgent or can it wait?"

The girl shot him a look before rolling her eyes. "Sirius."

He grinned. James grinned next to him.

"He went to talk to you, actually. On his way to the library," Peter explained.

Scarlett thanked him and turned on her heels as Peter said, "He's not feeling well, if you know what I mean."

She nodded. "Thank you," she said and glared at James and Sirius.

She was quickly walking to the library, when she saw Remus in one hallway. He was standing before the railing.

She neared him. She was scared, if she was being honest. She was scared of abandonment. What if–

What if, what if, what if. All of her life there had been one sentence that was glued in her head. What if.

She felt like she could have changed and prevented so many things. She could prevent deaths, for example. What if she had prevented her father's death?

She could have. But she hadn't.

Remus must've heard the approaching footsteps, and turned around. His eyes lit up.

"Scarlett, I–"

"I need to tell you something," she interrupted. He nodded.

"But, you need to promise me not to freak out, because what I'm about to tell you will change everything. I should have told you much sooner, but we didn't talk, and I didn't mean to upset you, I'm so sorry–"

"Please, just tell me," Remus said.

"Right, okay," she licked her lips. She breathed a deep breath.

Her heart hammered in her chest. She felt like it was about to explode.

"I'm pregnant," she blurted.

Remus raised his eyebrows. Then, he frowned.

"Are you sure?"

"Pretty much."

"Well, shit."

Her heart fell. She looked down to her feet.

She wanted to tell him he needn't worry. It will die anyway, it will die anyway, she will die any—

"Look at me," he said as he neared her.

She looked up, and her face was pressed against his chest as his arms were placed around her shoulders and upper body.

"I understand why you didn't tell me at first. But we can do this, as long as we're together. You should know that I will try my best," he whispered and placed a kiss on her hair.

She sobbed. She didn't expect that kind of reaction.

He stroked her hair, "Why are you crying now?"

She pulled away and looked directly into his warm eyes, "I love you, Remus."

He smiled, "And I love you."

He leaned down, and then they kissed.

______________

would u look at that another short chapter

remus finally knows. what a time to be aliIIiIve

so i actually wanted the chapter to be longer tbh, but then i had this idea that once the story ends (which will be soon. there are five chapters to come, maximum) i will add cute lil extras in which scarmus are worry-free.

how would u like that?

anyways, i hope u enjoyed it, let me know what u thought as always!

love y'all see u next chapter