chapter five

Scarlett woke up with a massive headache and a throbbing pain in her throat, and when she had tried to stand up and get ready for the upcoming school day, she had to sit down immediatly because her limbs hurt incredibly. She moaned loudly and lay down on her bed again.

"Scar? What's wrong?" Lily had heard her moaning and was buttoning up her shirt.

"I feel sick. Like dragon pox came down to hunt me. It's probably eating me for dinner," she explained, earning a laugh from Marlene, who was still lying on her own bed. Lily frowned and sat down next to Scarlett. She touched her forehead and hissed, "You're really hot! You should go and see Madam Pomfrey."

The sick girl moaned again, "But I'll miss school if I go." "That doesn't matter, put on your cloak and go, shall we accompany you?", the redhead asked, full of worry for her friend.

Scarlett shook her head, standing up slowly and putting on her cloak over her pyjamas. "I'll see you later, lads," she waved them goodbye and left the dormitory.

__________________________

When she finally reached the Hospital Wing, she instantly sat down on one of the beds, failing to notice the boy she knew too well in one of the beds in the corners. Madam Pomfrey came to her in a hurry and put her palm on her forehead right away.

"Dear, you're as hot as a candle. Do your limbs hurt?" She received a nod, so she asked, "What else hurts you, Honey?"

Scarlett pointed to her throat, she didn't dare speak. Madam Pomfrey lighted her wand and looked down her throat, gasping. "I'm afraid, dear, you caught yourself Tonsillitis."

She was confused. How did that happen?

"How in Mer-" "You've probably eaten something cold," Remus explained. He was lying in the bed, bruises all over his arms and a few on his face. Her eyes widened, "Remus, what-" "Now you will have enough time to talk to your boyfriend, dear, but first we will have to patch you up a little bit," Madam Pomfrey interrupted her, both Remus and Scarlett blushing at the mention of Remus being Scarlett's boyfriend.

Scarlett wanted to tell her that Remus wasn't her boyfriend, but Madam Pomfrey had already shoved a potion down her throat. The girl felt her eyelids get heavier by the second and closed them, drifting off into sleep.

_____________________
Scarlett abruptly woke up and sat up straight, confused as to where she was. The group of friends sitting around Remus' and hers beds looked at her, each having written a surprised look on their faces.

"What happened? Where am I? Oh, why does everything hurt so much?" She demanded to know. Once she saw her friend's faces, she calmed down a bit.

"We sent you here before Marlene and I went to breakfast, don't you remember?" Her redheaded friend tried to remember her, "Remus told us you've got the Quinsy. Poor you, you also have fever, but Madam Pomfrey has sunken it a bit already."

Scarlett sighed. She leaned down on her bed again, throwing her head on the soft pillow. She put her hands on her face, groaning, "Why does this always happen to me?"

The girls giggled. She noticed Remus lying in his bed, next to her, being surrounded by the three remaining Marauders. They were having a hushed conversation, she could only hear whispering.

She turned to her own group of friends. "How long was I gone for?" "Well, it's five o'clock now. We don't know when you got knocked out, we came here half an hour ago."

She smiled, grateful for having such friends that would be staying with her on her sick days.

"Thanks, honestly, I love all of you. But don't you need to study a bit? Don't let me keep you from it." If Scarlett was being honest, she just wanted them to leave. She didn't want a big audience when she wasn't feeling well. She probably looked terrible, too.

Marlene nodded. "Yes, actually we do. Are you sure we can leave you here all alone with them?" She gestured to the boys that had nothing but mischief on their minds.

Scarlett laughed quietly, nodding. The girls said their farewells and went, but she was preoccupied with Sirius, whom had shot her a few distressed glances the whole time the girls were there.

Sirius was horrible at hiding his emotions.

"If you have something that concerns you, just spit it, Sirius," she quietly said, but he still heard her.

Slowly, he made his way over to her, not meeting her eyes. The other boys looked at them, James being the most interested. He wanted to know why his best friend was acting so weird around his childhood friend.

"Sit," she said, patting the blank space next to her. She sat cross-legged on her bed, her back facing Remus'. Sirius obeyed, looking at the floor.

"What?" She hissed. He didn't answer. She tried again, "Sirius, if this is about what I told you a few days ago-" "I just don't understand," he interrupted her.

She didn't know what he meant by that, so she asked him, her voice came out as a whisper, due to the fact her tonsils were swollen and hurt. "What don't you understand?"

"I have so many questions. Why didn't you tell me? We've been best friends for a long time now, Scar, I don't understand why you didn't tell me," he quietly said. "I didn't tell anyone, Sirius. It's a burden I live with since my birth, I've kept it a secret for so long. I didn't even tell my mother, or Mary, or Theresa," she gently said, "I always told myself, if I told anyone, if it becomes too much for me to handle alone, it'd be you. I know you can keep a secret."

She heard Remus pick up a conversation again, she assumed he figured they would get nothing out of his friend's conversation.

Sirius buried his face in his hands. She frowned, "I think I was just scared that if anyone found out, I'd get expelled for being a maniac. Or crazy. People don't believe in those things, they would think I'd do it to get attention," he looked up, "which I'm not, by the way."

He nodded, then he stood up, "I think this conversation has to take place another time, don't you think?" He said, louder this time for his friends to hear. He received a nod.

"Padfoot, Wormtail, I think it's time to go. Leave the two alone, don't you think? See you soon, Moony. And get well soon, Johnson," the bespectacled boy stood up, riffling the girl's hair in the process.

And so the boys left, leaving Scarlett and Remus all on their own.

_________________

Omg I'm so sorry? Almost a month has passed since I uploaded the last chapter, so here's my apology with a really bad chapter, I apologize

I try to update as soon as I can, but school's messing with me. I'm in senior year now I can't believe it lol

So I also posted a playlist which literally has next to nothing to do with the book so there's just a bunch of my favorite songs right now welcome to my world

Thanks for all the votes recently by the way!! Love you all and I'd be happy if you read my story

See you next chapter