chapter twenty-five

A month had passed.

A whole month in which Scarlett pretended as if nothing had happened.

As if her best friend hadn't died.

She felt like the month passed in a rush, and she admittedly felt free. She felt bad for thinking like that, but it was as if Theresa had slowly been suffocating her.

Or, Theresa's deadline had been suffocating her. Nevertheless, she felt good, if not better than when Theresa had been around.

Scarlett felt horrible for thinking that. But, for her defense, every problem Scarlett had been confronted with had been associated to the dead girl.

Well, except for the ever growing problem inside of her. That was entirely Remus' fault.

However, in this whole month Scarlett had cut her hair. She felt like she needed a change, and, honestly, she liked how it looked. It fit her face. It was nice.

She had cut it the second she left the funeral Dumbledore had organized for the deceased student and reached her dorm room. She didn't know what made her do it, but she knew she had to.

After a while, the other students eventually stopped pitying her, or giving her looks that said, Oh, poor you, your best friend died.

Sirius and Remus had, of course, come up to her every now and then and asked her if she was fine. Which she was.

The dorm room sometimes just felt a bit empty. That's all.
______________

"So, I was thinking we could, maybe, or maybe not– or yes! Wait, no, we can't do that," Lily thought and argued out loud. With herself.

She and Scarlett were sitting together in the library at the end of June. Which had also been the end of their sixth year at Hogwarts.

Lily was planning things the brunette had no idea of, because she solely hadn't been listening. She looked at Lily, and then at her wand which was placed behind her ear. She looked away.

She couldn't believe how fast time had flown. In September she'd be in seventh year, and after that she'd be an adult, which meant she had to work. Plus she'd have a child to take care of.

She didn't want to grow up.

After a while, Sirius and James approached them. "Ah, the two most wonderful ladies of Hogwarts," Sirius grinned, sitting down beside Scarlett, "Say, do you come here often?"

He grinned at the brunette. She slapped him across the back of his neck. "Idiot," she said.

He laughed. James did, too. They looked at Lily, who hadn't even noticed their presence.

"What's wrong with her?" James asked. Scarlett shrugged in response.

"I think she's planning something."

"Well, we've also been planning something," Sirius said.

"Oh, yes, we'll throw a huge party, because it's the end of the school year," James said.

"And you are invited!" Sirius said ecstatically, throwing his arms in the air.

Scarlett raised her eyebrows. "Yay, a party! Again!" She imitated Sirius.

She thought back at what happened the last time the boys threw a party, and what happened. It cannot happen again, now, can it?

_____________

hey!!! i'm!!! back!!! yay!!!

very short chapter, i'm sorry.

i know i have announced that i would shut down this story. but!!! i won't!! yay!! i tricked you all!!!

honestly, back then i really didn't want to continue this. but a few days ago i read through the comments this story has received and honestly there are some very fucking funny people reading this. so i decided to get back on track!!
yay!!

anyways ik it's a boring ass chapter but let me know what you thought!!

cashierzaddy OUT