chapter nine

Scarlett sat by herself at breakfast a few days after. Remus sat at the other end of the Gryffindor table, also all by himself.

Ever since their 'friendly Hogsmeade date' Remus has been avoiding her. So she decided to walk over to him and ask what it's all about.

He looked up when a shadow creeped upon the book he was reading. "Hey, Scarlett," he greeted, his eyebrows raising.

"Good morning. Can I ask you something?" "Sure."

"Why have you been avoiding me? And don't tell me you weren't, I know when someone doesn't talk to me for days and-" she rambled, but being interrupted by Remus.

"I heard you have a boyfriend. I didn't want to be any reason for any fights between you," he said.

Her eyes widened, and then she started to laugh.

"A boyfriend? Me? Really funny, Remus. I don't have a boyfriend, there's really no one that would like me and actually be ready to put up with me," she was still laughing.

He muttered, "There is one." And he was glad she didn't hear.

"Who told you that anyway?" She asked.

"Sirius and James." "Oh, you are aware you can't believe them anything, right?"

He nodded. Then, the doors of the Great Hall burst open, revealing and excited Theresa.

"You can't believe it, Scar!" she shouted, and students were looking at them, both amused and annoyed. Scarlett told her to keep her tone down.

"I have a boyfriend!" she exclaimed after sitting down next to the two.

Scarlett and Remus shared a look and started laughing. When she looked at Theresa again, the latter's eyes were narrowed.

"So, who is it? Is he pretty?"

"Oh, you won't believe it, he's the funniest and cutest and most handsome boy, ever," she smiled. "He's in Ravenclaw, so he has the brains," she winked.

"And his name?" "It's George."

Scarlett smiled, "I'm happy for you."

Theresa then stood up and left without a word, probably in search of her new boyfriend.

"Is she always like this?" Remus asked from beside her, reminding her that he was still there.

She sighed and nodded, her long hair bouncing up and down. "Sometimes I could kill her, she's so over-enthusiastic and annoying," she said, remembering that her best friend's date would soon be due, "But I really do love her. She listens when I have something to whine about, you know."

"Seems like you value this highly, Sirius is a good listener," he stated. She nodded, "And a great secret keeper."
_______________

Behind the doors of the Great Hall, Sirius, James and Peter were all lined up, peeking through the door slot.

"Subjects are having a deep conversation. Nice," James said.

Sirius brushed his dark hair out of his eyes. "Oh! Subject Number One punching Subject Number Two, this is not supposed to be an abusive marriage!" He exclaimed.