chapter eight

The minutes passed as Scarlett and Remus neared Hogsmeade, snow making its way onto both of their hair. The path was covered in thick layers of snow, which made it a bit hard for Scarlett to walk. It was slippery.

The two were walking in silence. The girl didn't know if they were here, on this very Saturday, as a date or as 'just friends'. She didn't dare ask.

"Now, would you finally ask?" Remus broke the silence, startling the brunette in the process.

She bit on her lip, "Um, will I also get a cool nickname? I must admit, I'm a bit jealous that your group of friends received such names. I mean, honestly, Prongs sounds so cool."

He chuckled. He just loved her rambling.

"I'm sorry, love, but you're not an Animagus," he said, much to her disappointment. "What if I were one and you wouldn't know?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Well, what's your Patronus?"

"Um, it's a swan. But it's slowly turning into something else and I can't decipher what it is. Maybe my happy thoughts aren't that happy," she replied.

Ever since she learned how to cast a Patronus, the girl would cast one every night before going to bed. It was really annoying Marlene, but Lily loved it. And for the last few weeks, since her Patronus started to change and vary, the redhead seemed to know what was going on, but wouldn't tell Scarlett.

"Maybe you're in love," Remus joked. Although he hoped it wasn't the case. "Maybe," she said, "Why do you ask?"

"Well, your Animagus form would be your Patronus, so it'd be a swan. Mixed with something else."

She laughed a bit, and they finally reached Hogsmeade.

"Let's go to the Three Broomsticks," they said simultaneously. They turned to each other and smiled.

When they reached the inn, they decided Remus would get two Butterbeers and Scarlett would find somewhere to sit.

So when he reached the table, a drink in each hand, Scarlett was reaching for her purse to give him the money.

He realized what she was doing and shook his head, "It's on me, Scarlett."

She tried protesting, but when she saw the look on his face, she turned to her Butterbeer and muttered a silent "thank you".

"So, may I know why I can't turn into an animal and help you through your monthly crisis?"

Remus groaned, "Because one, a 'swan but slowly turning into something else' might not be very helpful, the monster within (Scarlett rolled her eyes) might eat you, and two, won't you have to get through your monthly crisis as well?"

She choked on her Butterbeer. Was he being serious?

"Well... I might," she quietly admitted. He laughed at her facial expression.

"Look, Scar, I really appreciate that you want to help me, but I don't want to put you in any danger. Being friends with me is dangerous enough."

She shot him a look, and that look said everything he needed to know. Which was that he needed to shut up.

And after that they chatted the whole afternoon away, sitting in the Three Broomsticks and being engulfed by the warmth of both their scarves and their Butterbeers.

The two were internally hoping that next time they would visit Madam Puddifoot's Teashop together.
_______________

Meanwhile at the castle the three remaining Marauders and Lily and Marlene were awaiting their friends arrival. They've been sitting at the entrance for about 2 hours now.