chapter ten

Scarlett found finishing her homework at lunch quite hard, her friends were missing and Theresa sat next to her making out with her boyfriend.

She couldn't concentrate due to the loud kissing noises the two made. She also felt like she was third-wheeling.

She sighed loudly. She really wanted to smack her Potions book in her friend's face right now.

She was about to finish her Transfigurations essay when saw Lily and Marlene entering the Great Hall, and trailing behind were all four of the Marauders.

When Remus caught her glance he smiled, and she smiled back and then he sat down next to her.

She groaned, "I'm so glad you came, I cannot bear listening to those two having an oral war."

He looked over to them and he looked disgusted. "Ew," was all he said.

The five other students (well, except for Peter) were admiring their work. They shared looks on Scarmus having another conversation and declaring that they were the best matchmakers, ever.

"What are you looking at?" Scarlett asked them, raising her eyebrows.

"Beautiful artwork, what else?" Sirius replied. Scarlett shot him a nasty glare. She hadn't forgiven him yet, although the rumors had died down already. But some people were still whispering whenever Scarlett was in the hallways.

"They seem very happy, actually, I hope their relationship will last," Remus stated, obviously talking about Theresa and George who were still crashing their lips together.

"Nonsense, Moony, we mean you," James said, giving them a 'duh' look and taking a sandwich from the middle of the table.

Remus frowned. "I don't understand?"

"Moony, we were just asking ourselves when the rumors will become the truth and your girlfriend is having a baby."

"Okay, first of all, I have a name. You might as well get known to it and second, we are not a couple! Would you all please stop saying this now? It's really getting on my nerves," Scarlett said exasperatedly.

She closed her books and stood up, taking Remus' cloak into her fist and dragging him off to the library.

"Why, tell me, why are they like this? Don't they have anything to do?" She was furious. Sirius and James always seemed to get the best of her.

"Apparently not, I'm afraid. Why are you so annoyed?"

"Because, Remus, I want to have my own life, I want it to be the way I want to live. I've never liked Sirius and James' idea of getting us together," she groaned. She didn't have the energy to widen her eyes when she realized that she had spilled Sirius' 'mysterious plan'.

"So you know about it, too?" He asked. She nodded.

"Oh," he sighed.

"What?" She asked when she saw his troubled expression.

"Is this, um, was it the reason you started hanging out with me? Because of the plan?"

She frowned. She realized that he really thought low of him, like he wasn't worth having friends or someone that likes him, or even a significant other.

"No, Merlin, no Remus. I started hanging out because I like you. Much. Do you really think I would follow this stupid plan? It's just something the boys came up with when they were bored, and Lily probably dumped James right before. It's complete and utter-," she rambled, but she was interrupted.

She felt warm lips being on top of hers and she froze. And then, Remus' lips started moving, and hers did, too, and they were making out in the back of the library.

When she pulled away she felt dizzy and her lips and stomach were tingling. She looked up at Remus and saw his widened eyes.

"Merlin, I'm so-," he was cut off by being cut off the same way she was before.
_________________

After they had declared that they really liked each other and that Remus has had a crush on her ever since 4th Year, they came up with a prank.

Or whatever you might call it, because those two really were the worst pranksters.

They agreed on the idea to act as though they were in the biggest fight ever fought around the others. Even Lily.

And if the Marauders, or Lily, were to find out about it some time, they would either tell them or run away.

So, they sealed their plan with a kiss and Scarlett walked off and to the Great Hall again, trying to hide her flushed cheeks and her grin, putting on a façade that said 'He broke my heart and deserves to be slaughtered' or something along those lines.

When she reached her friends, she sat down next to Sirius and sighed.

"The Queen has decided to enter! What a blissful day to be alive," he smirked. She shot him a look.

"What's wrong?" He asked, frowning.

"Nothing, it's– look who's coming!" She warned.

His body stiffened and he put his arm around her shoulder, starting a conversation that might have looked interesting to others.

Coming their way was Holly Baxter, a 5th Year that had been pestering Sirius ever since her first Year at Hogwarts.

She had always claimed that Sirius will be 'hers'. Sirius and Scarlett always acted as though they were together whenever they were crossing ways with Holly.

"Sirius!" Her high-pitched voice sang. Scarlett fought the urge roll her eyes.

"Sirius!" She sang again, slightly less enthusiastic.

She sat down next to Sirius, almost putting her bum on his lap. He slid into Scarlett.

"What is it?" He asked. She was already annoying the hell out of him.

"I've been wondering if you want to meet me at one of the broom cupboards at 5 o'clock this evening?" She asked, batting her lashes.

Scarlett sighed, "Hey, Holly, I don't know if you've already forgotten, but Sirius has a girlfriend. She's sitting right here, and I doubt she would approve of you taking her boyfriend. So, if I were you, I would disappear faster than you can say jam!"

So, Holly's eyes widened and she made her way out of the Great Hall. When she was out of sight, Sirius and Scarlett high-fived and turned back to normal.

Lily gawked at them, "But I thought, Remus, and why did you-"

"Holly is really annoying. That's why we act like I'm his girlfriend since 3rd Year. And I want you all to listen now," she said, leaning over the table, "Remus and I will never get together. We're not on the same wavelength. It just won't work. And I want you all to stop pestering me with these stupid comments, it's annoying as Hell. Is that understood?"

They all nodded, returning back to their homework or food. But Lily looked at her friend, full of concern. She wanted to know what was going on.

________________
yaaas so this is what happened
and no i haven't had my first kiss yet so you're right i have no clue how kissing works only from when i watch tv shows :))) 16 and proud
i hope u liked it and leave a vote or comment if u did, see u next chapter