Jealous

I scrolled through Twitter, waiting for Stevie to come in my office to tell me we were recording the next episode.

Usually I review the recording with Morgan and Link, but today I felt like doing nothing. After staying up all night searching for a new house and crying over my failed marriage, I didn't feel like myself.

"Can I come in?" Link asked, poking his head through the door.

"Uh, yeah..." I mumbled, putting my phone on the coffee table in front of me.

Link shuffled over, sitting beside me.

"How 'ya feeling?"

"Fine, why?" I asked.

"You seemed kinda down last episode... Sorry for yelling at you 'cause your 'Tokyo' was weak..." Link mumbled, wrapping his fingers around mine.

"You didn't yell at me," I muttered.

"I told you to be happier about it, which wasn't fair to you," he bickered.

"It's fine, Link."

"No, it's not fine!"

Link squeezed onto my hand until I could feel my knuckles rub together.

"Link," I mumbled, peeling his tight grip away from my hand.

"Sorry... It sucks seeing Locke go through the same thing I went through," Link mumbled.

"What?"

"You remember me ranting to you about my family, and how much I hated Jimmy, and..." Link paused.

"What is it?" I asked, resting my elbows on my knees.

"I used to be jealous of you, ya know?"

"I don't understand," I mumbled awkwardly, grabbing Link's hand again.

"I was jealous of how perfect your family was, and how you guys sat down at dinner together, and drank milk... We didn't eat dinner together, and we sure as hell didn't drink milk. I thought that was what good families did... Drink milk," Link mumbled, shaking his head.

"It sucks knowing that Locke is definitely going to look at life the same way. He's going to be jealous of Lincoln, he's going to hate Jessie for spliting, hate you for letting it happen, and hate me and Christy for breaking you guys up."

"You and Christy didn't break Jessie and I up," I whispered, wrapping my arm around my raven-haired man.

"Yeah, we kinda did," Link sighed in defeat.

We sat in silence, staring into the empty air.

I brushed my lips against his cheek, unsure of what to say.

"Alright, I think we're-" Stevie barged into the room. "Sorry... I can come back later."

"No, we're ready," Link said as if nothing had happened. He gave my knee a soft pat before lifting himself off the couch. "Coming, Rhett?"