Forty Three - Shakespeare was somehow a racist butt face

Aria's POV   

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other word would smell as sweet. So Romeo would, were he not Romeo called, retain that dear perfection which he owes. Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name, and for that name, which is no part of thee. Take all myself." I speak, my voice reverberates through the auditorium.

"Juliet, please can I just kill myself now?" Vincent asks, looking up at me.

I take a stone from the decoration that covers a replica of what is supposed to be Juliet's balcony and throw it at Vincent, giving him a deadly look. He sighs, "Something something something, I never will be Romeo." he says to the 'audience'.

I am on stage with the rest of the guys and we are performing for the judges who decide whether or not we get into the university. We were given the play we have to act out and of course, we were given Romeo and Juliet.

To say our performance is a failure would be the understatement of the century.

I thought the judges would have given us enough time to practice but they gave us twenty minutes to prepare and now we have to act it out. It's a nightmare.

Jay and Mickey run onto the stage from the curtains on the side of the stage, known as the wings, "Mercuccio is here!" Jay shouts.

"No, I'm Mercuccio!" Mickey shouts.

"Mercuccio is white!" Jay shouts and almost runs into Vincent but stops.

"Yeah, well Shakespeare was somehow a racist butt face and the only black guy was Othello and we are not doing Othello so I am Mercuccio!" Mickey argues.

"Just go wipe some Vaseline in your forehead and let me do this." Jay argues.

"Oi, wasn't Mercuccio black in one of the movies? I'll shove the Vaseline up your-" Mickey gets cut off by one of the female judges clearing her throat.

"Please, stay in character!" she shouts and waits for us to carry on.

"At me, bro you come." Mickey says and gets into a fighting position as Vincent watches with amusement and I stand up on the balcony, panicking. I knew it wouldn't be good but this is...

"Offended you are? A shit I don't give." Jay says and gets into a fighting stance as well.

"Guys, that's not Shakespeare! That's Yoda!" I scream, "This isn't even your scene, get off!" I say, exasperated.

"Thou art sorry." Jay says and pulls Mickey off stage with him.

"What man art thou that, thus bescreened in night, so stumblest on my counsel?" I recover.

"It's Romeo, obviously." Vincent says and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What art thou doing here?" I ask, scrunching my face in confusion. Shit, I forgot my lines.

"I am here to give thee a goodnight kiss." Vincent says and smirks then climbs up the ladder to the balcony I am on.

I turn to the judges and they all watching so I turn back to Vincent with wide eyes. "What?" I whisper to him and he steps properly onto the balcony and moves close to me.

"Kiss me." he whispers in my ear.

I turn to look at the judges again. Do I have to?

Vincent doesn't give me an option, he turns my face and plants his lips firmly onto mine.

~~~~~

HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Sorry, I really wanted a cliff hanger so I left this chapter short. Sowwie :( xx see you soon my nachos and bichachos ;)

🍌 вαиαиα ℓσνє 🍌