A-C

List of Mythical Creatures
A-C
Alicorn - The name for a winged unicorn.
Banshee - A spirit appearing as a frenzied old woman whose high pitched shriek prophesied a death soon to come.
Basilisk - A legendary lizard who could kill a man with its stare.
Bigfoot - A type of Sasquatch native to North American forests.
Black Dog - An evil spirit dog that stalks city streets at night.
Black Eyed Beings - They take human form but have black, soulless eyes and emanate a sense of pure evil.
Bogeyman - A semi-corporeal being whose sole purpose is to scare children.
Bogle - A ghostly being whose purpose is to confuse and scare humans and other creatures.
Bray Road Beast - The nickname for a werewolf-like creature seen multiple times in Wisconsin.
Brownies - Small humanoid creatures wearing all brown clothing who sneak into homes at night to help with household chores.
Centaur - Half-men, half-horse creatures that ran wild and unruly.
Cerberus - The three-headed dog that guards the entrance to Hades.
Charybdis - The whirlpool on one side of the Strait of Messina that swallowed ships that came too close to it.
Chimera - Part-lion, part-goat, part-snake - all monster.
Cockatrice - A flying part-rooster/part-snake that could kill with its stare.
Cyclops - The one-eyed giant who captured and ate people.
Cynocephalus - A member of an ancient race of men with the heads of dogs.