List of Greek Gods and Goddesses - C

Caerus - (a.k.a. Kairos, Occasio, Tempus) The (minor) god of luck and opportunity.

Calliope - One of the Muses. Represented epic poetry.

Calypso - (a.k.a. Kalypso) The sea nymph who held Odysseus prisoner for seven years.

Castor - (a.k.a. Castore, Kastor) One of the twins who represent Gemini.

Celaeno - The name of a wife of Poseidon.

Cerus - The wild bull tamed by Persephone, made into the Taurus constellation.

Ceto - (a.k.a. Keto) a sea monster goddess who was also the mother of other sea monsters.

Chaos - (a.k.a. Khaos) The nothingness that all else sprung from.

Charon - (a.k.a. Charun) The Ferryman of Hades. He had to be paid to help one cross the river Styx.

Chronos - (a.k.a. Chronus, Khronos) God of time.

Circe - (a.k.a. Kirke) A goddess who transformed her enemies into beasts.

Clio - One of the Muses. She represented History.

Clotho - (a.k.a. Nona) One of the Fates - Spun the thread of life from her distaff onto her spindle.

Crios - The crab who protected the sea nymphs, made into the Cancer constellation.

Cronus - (a.k.a. Cronos, Kronos, Saturn) God of agriculture, father of the Titans.

Cybele - (a.k.a. Agdistis, Magna Mater, Meter, Meter Oreie) Goddess of caverns, mountains, nature and wild animals.