H-N

List of Mythical Creatures
H-N
Hobgoblin - A type of Brownie who is inherently less helpful and more mischievous, even to the point of causing harm if antagonized.
Hydra - The nine-headed serpent who grew two new heads for every one that was cut off.
Imp - Small, mischievous creatures who liked to play pranks on people.
Ladon (Python) - The snake that guarded the golden apples in the Garden of the Hesperides.
Leprechauns - Small, bearded men who have a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Loch Ness Monster - The elusive sea-monster from the Loch Ness in Scotland.
Manticore - A mythical beast with a lion's body and a human's head.
Medusa - A disciple of Athena who was turned into a gorgon. She had the hair of snakes and could turn men to stone with her gaze.
Mermaids - Sea creatures with the head and torso of a woman and the tail of a fish.
Minotaur - The creature with the head and legs of a bull and the torso of a man, who guarded the exit to The Labyrinth.
Mothman - A winged creature in the shape of a man with hypnotic red eyes sighted in West Virginia.
Mutants - A term describing abnormal creatures created by genetic or environmental mutations.
Nemean Lion - The giant lion with impenetrable hide who becomes the constellation Leo.
New Jersey Devil - A flying creature with a high-pitched scream and a horse-like head native to the New Jersey Pine Barrens.
Nymph - Divine female nature spirits who inhabit certain natural sites.