StarWars creatures B

Bandara

Bandaras, which are also known as sandbar dwellers, are beetles from the planet Devaron who live in huge unyielding swarms on sandbars and beaches. Their unified mating call during the summer can be unbearable to hear.

Bantha

The bantha is a colossal, shaggy, mammalian mount with circular ram-like horns. Herds of bantha inhabit the desert wastes of Tatooine in the outer Rim, as well as grasslands and plains of other worlds throughout the Star Wars galaxy. They are very sociable animals, have long sticky tongues to catch prey, and are notorious for their smell. Since bantha are found in such a large number of agricultural systems, it is believed that early space settlers transported the species to new worlds. Although largely domesticated, on some planets wild herds can still be found. There are several known varieties of banthas in existence, including the common bantha (Bantha majorus), the smaller, shy dwarf bantha, and the rangier, slender dune bantha. One specific subtype of bantha is the Kashyyyk greyclimber, which differs in that the greyclimber has massive cranial bone plates in place of horns; it has also adapted to climbing through the evolution of articulated toes that can grip wroshyr trees. Banthas can be seen in video games and the movie Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. They were commonly used on Tatooine by the Tusken Raiders. The Tusken raiders form symbiotic bonds with banthas. When the Tusken Raiders reach the age of 7, a bantha of the same gender is ceremoniously given to the youngling, as its partner in life. When Tusken Raiders marry, the couple's banthas mate. When the Tusken Raiders have offspring, the banthas often produce an offspring of the same gender at the same time. Upon the death of a bantha or a Tusken raider, the species left behind will often commit suicide.

Barri

Barri are enigmatic spacefaring creatures that can hitch rides on asteroids and derelict spacecraft for thousands of years in space. Their acid secretions break down and help the barris digest the asteroid they ride on.

Beldon Edit
Beldons are colossal floating creatures found in the lower atmosphere of Bespin. They are gas-filled creatures that can metabolize the natural chemicals and biospheric plankton of the slushy gas-liquid-solid interface (via long, trailing, tentacles) of the lower atmosphere. Beldons grow between 800m and 10 km. They travel together in herds. Their light-sensitive skin cells aid with defense and metabolism. Eggs and sperm are released into the atmosphere and drift freely until random fertilization. They have a caudal fin on their back to help with stability. They excrete Tibannna gas which can be collected and used as a hyperdrive coolant. They are surrounded by a small electrical field to detect approaching danger. A herd of Beldons are seen in Star Wars Rebels: Season 2.

Bergruutfa

Bergruutfa are large 7m tall herbivorous grazers from the planet Teloc Ol-sen. They have been known to serve as caravan beasts, warbeasts and farm animals, and have an armored frill around their head.

Blase tree goat

The Blase tree goat is a lazy animal that looks like a cross between a goat and a sloth. They hardly move except to get leaves on other branches. They hail from Endor.

Blenjeel Sand Worm

Gigantic carnivorous caterpillar-like creatures with round mouths filled with sharp teeth, inhabit the planet Blenjeel. The worms are blind, but can detect motion. They appear in Jedi Knight and Jedi Academy games.

Blistmok

The Blistmok is a lizard, native to the planet of Mustafar. They are usually dark red or a dark teal color.

Blurrg

The blurrg is used for transportation on Ryloth, but are also found on Endor's forest moon. It is typically used as a beast of burden by the freedom fighters of Cham Syndulla, and mauraders. They are tough-skinned reptilian herbivores known for their small brains and simple intelligence. Their brain is roughly the size of a jubba nut. Their dense skull is used as a battering ram, they utter frequent low roars, but besides this no other communications. Their eggs are laid in clutches between 5-6. They are left where they drop. Young stay inside their mothers' protective circles during early years. They are preyed upon by boar-wolves. They are objects of derision in ewok culture and folk-lore.g

Boma

The boma is a large, green, quadrupedal creature that lives primarily on Dxun. Cited: Knights of the Old Republic 2: the Sith Lords game.

Borcatu

Borcatus are quadrupedal scavenger vermin found amongst garbage and trash on thousands of civilized planets. Up to 0.5-metre (1.6 ft) in length, they are protected from the environment and predators by strong, armored scales.

Bordok

The bordok is a herbivorous equine animal, native to the forest moon of Endor. They have an erect mane, and short knobby forward pointing horns on either side of their head. It is used by Ewoks as a pack animal and a mount if captured.

Bothan

The Bothans are furry mammals from Bothawui. They are suspicious and manipulative. Many Bothans are spies or involved in politics.

Bothans were furry mammalian anthropoids, about 1.5 meters tall. Hailing from Bothawui and several colonies, Bothans differed in facial appearance and body structure with canine, feline, and equine features. They were known for being master politicians and spies, craving intrigue and subterfuge.

Bouncer

The "bouncer" is a native organism to the world of Ruusan. It is covered in green fur and though it has no eyes, communicates through small words and images in the force.