chapter 12

Ellie's POV

When we were in the car heading home, I saw in the car mirror that Megan had fallen asleep in her car seat. I pulled up in the driveway and parked the car. I hopped out and got Megan out of the car, trying my hardest not to wake her up. I closed the door with my foot and locked the car, then I walked to the front door.

Megan was still peacefully sleeping in my arms, but she always was a heavy sleeper anyways. I opened the front door and instantly headed up to Megan's bedroom so I could put her to bed. I opened her door, placed her in bed, pulled the covers over her and tucked her in. She slightly shuffled about a bit but she was still fast asleep, I kissed her forehead and walked to the door.

"Night princess" I whispered. I turned her light off and closed the door behind me.

I headed back downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. I got out a bottle of wine and poured myself a glass, I took a massive gulp and smiled. How I've missed the taste of alcohol..

I walked to the lounge and plonked myself on the couch. I didn't watch tv or anything, I just sat there thinking about literally everything and anything.

Who the hell does that Katie girl think she is to threaten me? I have done absolutely nothing to her, Megan hasn't even done anything to her, so why does she hate me so much? Okay yes, I did suddenly appear back into Jaime's life with a 4 year old daughter he never knew he had, but it's got nothing to do with her. If she has a problem with it then she can leave, Jaime would never pick her over his own daughter, or I'd hope to think that was true anyway.

Also what makes me feel even worse is that after tonight I've suddenly realised how much I am still in love with Jaime and I know that I'm going to getting heartbroken again, it always happens to me. I tried so hard to ignore and push those small feelings I had for him in the back of my mind, but they got bigger and now it's completely impossible to deny them.

why are you such a fuck up? I shook my head to get rid of the voice in the back of my mind.

The more I was thinking the sooner I realised that I had drank a whole bottle of wine. I stood up but I fell straight back down because I felt really dizzy. Great I'm drunk. I haven't been drunk or even drank any alcohol since Megan was born, I was trying to change for her. Everything was spinning and I felt so awful. Then the doorbell rang, I looked at the clock.

11:45.

who the hell comes to my house at this time of night?

I groaned and slowly got up, taking hold of anything that would keep me from falling over and walked to the door, getting dizzier every step I took. I opened the door and saw Tony.

"Turtle, what you doing here?" I slurred a little.

"I just- wait, are you drunk?" He asked, completely ignoring my question.

"N-no" I shook my head, but Tony didn't believe it for a split second.

"Come on" He put my arm around the back of his neck and walked me back in the lounge, closing the door behind us. We sat down and I just stared at the floor not wanting to speak to him at all because I know how this is all going to end.

"Spill, what's made you do this? You seemed fine earlier" He asked, I didn't replied, I didn't trust myself because I felt the tears threatening to fall.

"Seriously Ellie, what is wrong?" He asked again sounding more concerned, I just sighed.

"Everything" I mumbled quietly but loud enough for him to hear.