chapter 17

Ellie's POV - next morning

I woke up, I was way too tired to move but I knew I had to because I had work.. the joys. I slowly sat up and looked at the clock.

7:30

I groaned. I had to be at work by 9 so I got up and started to get ready. I walked over to my wardrobe and looked for an outfit. I looked through for what seemed like forever and then I finally found a decent outfit. I picked a Green Day top with my dark blue skinnies. I left my hair wavy and did my usual make up, I didn't have time to do anything else. When I was finished I looked in the mirror and smiled, I looked decent for once. It was now 8:10 and I still had to get Megan ready.

I walked over to her bedroom and saw her still fast asleep on her bed. I went over to her and gently shook her.

"Sweetie, it's time to get up now" I said as I tried to wake her up.

"Whyyyy?" She whined as she hid her face in her pillow.

"Mummy has work and Joshy is expecting you" I said. She suddenly sat up with a big smile on her face, I knew mentioning Josh's name would make her happy.

"I'm seeing Joshy today?!" She squealed, I just nodded in response, "yaaaay" She shouted dragging out the 'a'. She then eagerly got up and got ready. When she found an outfit she was happy with, I helped her get changed into it. She picked a pink top with fairies on it and a pair of jeans.

When we were both done getting ready, I picked up the signed top for the young girl and we left the house. I locked the door behind me, put Megan in her car seat then got in the car myself and drove to Josh's house. Before I drove off I quickly text Alex.

Me: sorry that I didn't show up last night, last minute things happened, maybe we can arrange another time?

He then replied.

Alex Gaskarth: don't worry, and sure we can. Just text me whenever.

I smiled at his text and walked off.

All the way to Josh's house I played Pierce The Veils new album Collide With The Sky, Megan didn't know that it was her daddy's band but she was sure enjoying it which was a very good thing.

"Do you know, I count your heartbeats before you sleep, I bite my fingernails to bone" I sang along to Bulls in Bronx loudly and Megan laughing and dancing along in the back. I was so glad that she enjoyed Jaime's music, I know she's only 4 years old but it's good to know that she likes the music that her dad makes because he would be pretty upset if she hated or didn't really enjoy it.

I got to Josh's in just under 10 minutes and I pulled in his driveway. I hopped out, opened Megan's door and helped her out for her car seat that she hated, she hated that fact that she had to sit in that seat till she gets older. I lifted her out and placed her on the ground, she took my hand and dragged me to the door. I knocked a few times till the door was opened and Josh was standing there smiling.

"Hey, haven't seen you two in a while" He said as he pulled me into a tight hug. I felt bad that I haven't seen Josh ever since the Jaime incident, I didn't want him to feel like I was suddenly replacing him with Jaime because that would never happen, Josh will always be my bestfriend.

"I'm so sorry I haven't seen you in a while, I promise I'll make it up to you" I smiled.

"You better" He winked which made me laugh.

"Anyways I have to go but I'll see you later" I said, "bye princess, be good for Joshy won't you?" I told Megan as I kissed her forehead. I said goodbye to Josh then I left for work.