chapter 19

Jaime's POV - 1 week later

It's been a very long week and I haven't left the hospital once, I've stuck by Ellie's side for 1 week straight. Ellie hasn't made any sign of improvement and she's still in a coma, the doctors say she could be in a coma for many months for all we know. I haven't sleep or eaten properly but I don't care right now.

All the guys keep telling me to go home and rest but I couldn't leave her alone, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to her and I wasn't here. I told the guys to take Megan home to rest for a while, she refused to leave Ellie's side at first, she would lay next to Ellie's for hours and just play with her hair but last night she fell asleep so the guys quickly took her home before she woke up.

I was sitting in next to Ellie's bed all alone just holding her hand.

"Ellie you need to open them big, beautiful green eyes of yours for me, everyone is missing you like crazy especially Megan, she's refused to leave your side ever since I told her what's happened to you" I sighed, "me and the guys miss you a lot too.. I-I need you Ellie, more than I've realised myself actually. Ever since you've been here I've realised just how much I actually need you, you're my world Ellie, I just need you to wake up so we can be a properly family with Megan" I wiped the tear away off my cheek that I didn't even realise that had fell. Then the same nurse that's been here everyday for the past week came in.

"Good morning sir, how are you?" She asked politely.

"Call me Jaime and I've been better but I'm holding up" I slightly smiled. She smiled back.

"You know, you've been here all week hardly moving, going home and sleeping in your own bed wouldn't kill you, if anything happens we can just ring you?" She offered.

"I can't, I just can't leave her" I said hardly above a whisper. She just nodded and left the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts and the annoying, familiar sound of beeping coming for the machine. What did I do to deserve this? Everything was going great between me and Ellie before this happened. She didn't deserve this at all, she's a good person, a great mum and she gets this in return? How is that fair? I was snapped out of my thoughts by Vic walking in.

"Hey man, how's everything?" He asked as he sat the other side of Ellie, opposite me.

"No change, everything's the same" I shrugged but not taking my eyes off her.

"Hime you need to get home man, not being harsh but you look like shit, you haven't slept hardly all week" He said. I knew was right but I couldn't.

"Vic you know I can't leave her, I'm serious, I'm sleeping perfectly fine here"

"But your not sleeping properly. Look i'll stay here with Ellie and you go home sleep for a couple of hours then come back, just do it for her, she would hate to see you like this" He said. I sighed loudly.

"Fine" I simply said. I didn't want to at all but he was right, I was fucking knackered and my bed sounded amazing right now. He smiled at me. I stood up and stared at her, not 100% wanting to leave her.

"If anything good or bad happens you need to ring me right away" I said sternly.

"I will Hime-time, I promise so now go!" He said pointing to the door. I sighed and hesitantly left the room.

~~~~~~

When I got home, took my shoes off and walked straight upstairs. I opened my bedroom door and caught a quick glimpse of myself in the mirror.. I look like shit. I have huge dark rings under my eyes and my hairs a complete mess. Not even bothering about pjs and I walk over to my bed and collapsed onto it. I knew I was tired but my mind wouldn't let me sleep, I was worrying too much about Ellie to even think about sleeping. I got under the sheets and just laid there staring at the ceiling.