chapter 18

Josh's POV

I have been playing hide and seek with Megan for ages now. Ellie is late for picking Megan up. It is now 5:20, Ellie is sometimes 10 minutes late at the most but since she's nearly an hour late, I'm getting worried.

Maybe she's working late and forgot to tell me?

I need to stop over-thinking things, I'm sure she's fine. I was walking around the house looking high and low for Megan, for a little 4 year old she is very good at hiding. I walked in the bathroom, nothing. I walked in the bedrooms, also nothing. Then I walked into the lounge.

"I'm going to find you" I half shouted so wherever she was, she would hear me. I then heard a faint giggle coming from behind the couch. I've got you now. I slowly walked over to it and looked behind. I saw Megan sitting there silently, she hasn't noticed that I've found her.

"Boo" I shocked her, she looked up me and giggled. I picked her up and ran around the room with her in my arms pretending to be a airplane, she was laugh quite a lot. Then my phone suddenly started to ring. I put Megan down and grabbed my phone.

Unknown caller

I hesitantly pressed the green button on my phone and answer it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello, is this Josh Simmons?" The unknown caller asked, it sounded like a woman but I wasn't sure.

"Yes this is, who is this?" I asked.

"This is the hospital, your friend Ellie Matthews has been in a serious car accident and your the first contact on the emergency contact list sir" I instantly froze. Ellie's been in an accident? I didn't know what to do or say, "sir, are you there?" They asked.

"Y-yes, I-is she okay?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, if you come to the hospital the doctors will tell you"

"O-okay, thank-you" I immediately hung up and I nearly burst into tears but I held it back because Megan would worry.

My bestfriend is in hospital right now, probably fighting for her life..

I was freaking out so much, I wasn't thinking straight and I didn't know what to tell Megan. I walked over to her and picked her up and sat we on my lap.

"Mummy can't come pick you up sweetie, so we're going to go see her" I said as well as I could without crying.

"Okay" She smiled. She wouldn't understand if I told her the truth. We put our shoes on, opened the front door and left straight for the hospital.

Please let Ellie be okay..

~~~~~~~

I parked the car in the hospital car park and got out of the car. I opened Megan's car door and lifted her out but I kept hold of her. I shut the door, locked the car and then I walked into the hospital, I was shaking a lot. I walked through the door and all I could feel was a bad vibe, I seriously hated it. I headed towards the front desk and saw a young woman sitting at the desk.

"I'm here the see Ellie Matthews" I said shakily.

"Are you a relative?" She asked looking at me weirdly.

"This is her daughter, just please tell me where she is?" I begged. She clicked a few thing on her computer and typed something.

"She hasn't been assigned a room yet sir because she went straight to surgery as soon as she got here and she's still in there. If you go and sit in the waiting room, a doctor will come and tell you went she's ready for visitors" She said with a sympathetic smile.