Worth It

As I got closer to the handsome guy my heart started to beat faster and faster. Lauren noticed me right before I reached the group. I could tell as soon as she looked at me that she wasted. She smiled at me, roughly grabbed my arm and pulled me toward the guys.

"Everyone this is Camila. Camila this is Jack," Lauren pointed to the guy who had kissed her on the cheek earlier. I shook his hand and he smiled at me. Lauren then tried to introduce me to Cameron who I had met on many occasions, that's how drunk she was. She got distracted by Jack pulling her away to the dance floor. The guy who was eyeing me from across the lawn was wearing black skinny jeans and a casual tee shirt. He looked at me up and down,  probably judging my outfit. And I couldn't blame him. He offered me his hand and I awkwardly shook it.

"My names Shawn, nice to meet you," he grinned showing his perfect white teeth.

"Damn your hot," I mumbled. He had a shocked look on his face, I did as well when I realized that I had said what I said aloud.

"Omg, I'm so sorry." At this point I had drank all of my mixed drink, meaning I definitely had more than a buzz going.

"O-Oh its okay," Shawn said laughing.

Right after he finished trying to make me feel less awkward a group of people walked by us and ran into me. The small bump made me loose my balance. Its not like I have good balance to begin with but to add me being drunk... I basically had no balance at all. I fell onto Shawn which made the whole situation worse. Thank god he caught me.

"Woah, are you okay," Shawn questioned.

"Yeah I'm fine.. J-Just a little," I didn't have to finish my sentence because he knew exactly what was wrong with me.

"How about I take you into town and get you something to eat?"

I agreed, maybe it was because I knew I needed some food to sober me up or maybe it was because I waned to hang out with Shawn. I guess going to that party was worth it.