No Way

I threw on a robe over my clothes and cautiously walked to my front door. There was another pound at the door before I opened the door a crack to see what was making the racket. I surprised to see Shawn stumbling around on my porch. His eyes lit up when he saw me through the small crack that I had the door open.

"Hey,"  Shawn said with a dopey smile slurring his words. 

"Are you drunk," I asked him as he forcefully pushed the door open and stumbled inside.

"Just a little buzz," Shawn wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I took this chance to lead him to my bedroom, this gave me deja vu to the time Lauren and Jack hauled Shawn to by bed. Once we reached my bed Shawn plopped down and was distracted by The Vampire Diaries that was still playing on my tv.

"I'll be right back. I'm going to get you some water," I said as I walked down stairs.

When I returned to by bedroom Shawn was in the same positon I had left him in, he tried to sit himself up when he saw me in the doorway but was obviously struggling. I walked to his side and pulled him upward so that he was sitting and handed him the glass of water.

"Thanks babe," Shawn said as the pungent smell of alcohol overwhelmed me.

I grabbed a large blanket out of my closet and handed it to Shawn. He leaned in to kiss me but I pulled away no matter how much I wanted to kiss him back. He furrowed his eye brows in confusion.

"Your drunk," I said with a small grin.

"So what," Shawn protested leaning in again. I pulled away again this time actually walking away.

"You can have my bed tonight. I'll be on the couch if you need anything, goodnight."

"Love you," I heard Shawn drunkenly yell from down the hall.

I woke up to a rustling sound in the bathroom down the hall from the living room where I was sleeping. Curiously I walked toward the noise to see Shawn scrummaging through my drug cabinet.

"Where the hell is your Ibuprofen," Shawn said with one hand on his left temple and the other still searching the cabinet.

"Its in my room. Go get your self a cup of water," I said as I ran up to my room and grabbed the drug.

I slid it across the kitchen island as Shawn filed his cup up from the pitcher of water. He unscrewed the lid and poured four tablets into his hand then threw them in his mouth washing the pills down with a big swig of water.

"That bad huh."

"You have no fucking idea," Shawn said as he placed the pitcher back in my fridge.

"I'm sorry for anything I did last night," he said rubbing his eyes.

"You didn't do anything bad. Showed up, stumbled around, then fell asleep in my bed." I figured I better not mention the part where he confessed his love for me.

"Yeah, I have no idea why I came here. You obviously were out with Austin."

"Shawn it wasn't like that," I started to explain.

"Honestly I don't care. Thanks for taking care of me last night but I'm not going to make you chose between us," Shawn said as he grabbed his keys that were on the floor near my front door and headed toward his car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea why but I really wanted to write a chapter about one of the characters being drunk. I'm going to start updating this story and publicity stunt every 2-3 days. I know a lot of you guys read both stories so I was wondering if you guys want both chapters on the same day or spread out? I'm also going to start trying to make the chapters to this story close to 1000 words instead of 500. Let me know what you guys are thinking. Thank you for reading