Memories

I let Shawn have the bed because I didn't want to wake him up. So I slept on the uncomfortable couch, he needed the sleep more then I did. I had really weird dreams that night, they all had to do with Austin and Shawn. In one of them Shawn wouldn't wake up after the fight, he wasn't breathing. I jolted up from the couch as I gasped for breath. I'm not sure what compelled me to walk upstairs and check Shawn's pulse but I did, I don't really know what I expected but he was completely fine. Since he didn't wake up from me touching him I figured he wouldn't if I laid on the bed either. He woke up and put his arms around me.

"Hey gorgeous," Shawn whispered in my ear, I'm sure he had just about the biggest smile on his face.

"Go back to sleep," I whispered after I sh-ed him.

I woke up to the noise of pots and pans clinking around in my kitchen, I rolled over to see that Shawn was no where in sight. Reluctantly I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to see Shawn making eggs and bacon. He looked up and me and smiled but I could tell he was in pain.

"Shawn sit down," he glared at me. "Please?" I grabbed his arm because he clearly wasn't going to move and sat him down at a chair next to my counter.

"Come on. You've been taking care of me for the past day, let me make you breakfast," Shawn mumbled.

"I would if you could stand up without wincing in pain. How in the hell did you even get out of bed?"

Shawn just made a face at me and continued sipping his coffee.

I slid his plate across the table and I sat next to him. Between bites he would look up at me and chuckle. It was starting to piss me off so after the fifth or sixth time I stopped ignoring it.

"What," I said in a sassy tone.

"I love you," Shawn said as he grabbed my hand. I felt compelled to say it back so I did as Shawn grabbed my hand and we finished breakfast. This left me wondering, did Shawn really love me or did he just say that because I've been tending to him for the past day and a half?