Reflection

I was so hungover that all I did the whole day was sit in my bed and watch The Vampire Diaries. While I was watching series I was attempting to piece together what happened last night. As I was miserably failing at that task I heard my phone ring.

Hey. It was no problem. You fell asleep on the way to the diner, we should reschedule. How about I pick you up tonight at 8

I definitely didn't expect Shawn to ever text me back let alone want to go out to eat with me. Right after I read the text I had to call Lauren and inform her of the situation.

"Camila please tell me you texted him and weren't completely awkward about it," Lauren pleaded.

"Well apparently I wasn't too awkward because... he said we should go out to eat tonight."

"That's amazing! What time? I'm getting in my car and coming over right now," Lauren insisted as I could hear her grabbing her car keys.

I didn't really want her to come help me get ready, its not that I didn't want to hang out with her. Its just that the way the girls dressed me last night... definitely wasn't anything I would actually wear. At least if she was coming to my house Lauren would have to pick out of the clothes in my closet not stuff that would be in hers.

Ten minutes later my front door busted open as Lauren let her self in. She walked directly up to my closet and started pulling things off of hooks. I told Lauren that I was going to get in the shower while she dug through my closet. When I got out I wraped a towel around myself and headed toward my room to see any outfit laid out on my bed.

"So what do you think," Lauren questioned as I eyed the outfit.

"Actually, I kind of like it."

The out fit was way toned down compared to last nights selection. It was a knit crop top sweater, cut up jeans, and a pair of black high heels. It was like a glamorized casual outfit. On an everyday basis I would wear an oversized sweatshirt, jeans, and some type of tennis shoes. But this wasn't an everyday occasion, I had to go to dinner with a guy that I had completely embarrassed myself in front of.

Lauren had brought her fashion sense with her along with her make up bag. This I was less worried about because her makeup always looked perfect. She gave me a casual 'natural' look which I was fine with because I didn't want to look like I was really trying. Lauren gave me some finishing touches and by 7:45. That meant that she had approximately 15 minutes to get the hell out of dodge before Shawn showed up.

"Thank you so much for helping me, I owe you!"

"No problem. Text me and tell me how its going, good luck," Lauren said before I shut my front door.

My door bell rang just as I looked one last time at my reflection in the mirror.

Here goes nothing.