Chapter 5 ~ A nice walk

Things to know:

(Y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(H/l) = hair length
(H/c) = hair color
(E/c) = eye color
(F/c) = favorite color

Thoughts
Flashbacks
Dreams

•••

Laurence's POV (new POV yay!)

I heard footsteps and opened one of my eyes to see who it was. It was (Y/n) and she was climbing down the ladder.

Where's she going?

I quietly stood up from my bed and followed her. I had my emerald sword with me just in case. I climbed down the ladder and walked down some stairs that lead to the docks, where I saw (Y/n) sitting on the edge of the dock mumbling something quietly. I slowly walked closer to her and noticed she was holding her necklace tightly against her chest.

(A/n start the song)

"I love you..." I heard her say quietly. Barely in a whisper even.

What's going on? Is she talking out loud?

I then saw (Y/n) wipe her hand against her cheeks and a quiet sniffle was heard.

I-is she crying?!

"(Y/n)?" I said worried. (Y/n) jumped slightly, almost falling off the dock and turned her head towards me grabbing her sword.

"Oh.. It's just you Laurence. You scared me." (Y/n) said as she stood up.

"The one and only! Are you okay? Why aren't you asleep?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same!" She said.

"Well a guard always sleeps with one eye open and I heard you walking around up in the tree and saw you come here so I followed you. Why were you here anyway?" I asked.

"Oh, sorry if I woke you... I couldn't get any sleep and I needed some air." She said looking down at her feet.

"Okay. Say... Do you wanna go for a walk? It's really relaxing and it sometimes helps me fall asleep when I'm having troubles." I suggested.

"Oh no you don't have to. I'll manage on my own." She said with a forced smiled.

"No I insist! I can tell you have things on your mind that you want to clear and let me tell you, a walk in a clear night like this is perfect." I insisted.

"Really? I guess I could try, but what about you? Aren't you tired? I'm sorry if I'm keeping you awake for my own problems." She apologized.

"No it's fine! If there's a friend in need then I'm more than happy to help!" I smiled. (Y/n) smiled softly and this time it was real.

She really needs a friend or someone to talk to... I'm glad I can help her. (Y/n) is a really sweet person. I just can't imagine what she's been threw...

"Thank you Laurence!" She smiled and we headed towards the new Phoenix Drops gate where we saw Dante patrolling on his night shift.

"Hey Laurence and (Y/n)! Why are you two up so late?" Dante asked from the top of the wall.

"Oh me and (Y/n) weren't tired so we decited to go for a walk!" I explained. (Y/n) stood next to me silently.

"Oh okay! Well have a nice walk you two!" Dante said.

"Thanks!" I said and (Y/n) just smiled.

She doesn't talk much does she? Kinda reminds me of Aaron... Heh.

Me and (Y/n) continued walking along the old broken path and admired the nature around us in silence, occasionally having some small talk. We soon arrived at some of the old houses that were in Phoenix Drop before. I passed the houses, but didn't notice that (Y/n) wasn't following me until I turned my head to look at her and didn't see her next to me. I stopped and looked behind me where I saw (Y/n) staring at one of the old houses. I walked back towards (Y/n) and stared at the house she was starring at.

"This was my house when I was little..." (Y/n) said quietly.

"Really?" I asked and from the corner of my eye I saw her nod.

"If you don't mind me asking... Why did you leave?" I asked. There was silence so I turned my head towards (Y/n).

"I...I ran away..." She answered quietly with a hurt expression. My eyes widened.

"What?! Why?" I asked shocked.

"My parents... Honestly... I'm glad I ran away... I think if I'd stayed I would be in a much worst situation." She said.

What the heck happened to her in the past?

I saw a small yawn escape from (Y/n) mouth and a second later one escaped from mine too.

"I think we should head back and go to bed." I suggested.

"Yeah. Thank you for this Laurence! I really appreciated it." She thanked.

"It was my pleasure! What are friends for?" I asked and smiled.

"Yeah." She smiled with a faint blush. We headed back to the big tree and sat on our beds.

"Goodnight Laurence!" (Y/n) whispered with a smile as she laid down in her bed.

"Night (Y/n)!" I whispered and laid down in my bed. Within seconds (Y/n) was asleep and I let out a quiet chuckle.

She's cute!

•••

I hope you liked this chapter!

This chapter kinda made me feel depressed idk why xD

Please leave a comment on your thoughts!

Oh and thank you so much for over 100 reads! I love you all so much and I hope to see you reading the next chapter soon!

Byeee!

( ^3^) ~