Chapter 6 ~ Training

Things to know:

(Y/n) = your name
(L/n) = last name
(H/l) = hair length
(H/c) = hair color
(E/c) = eye color
(F/c) = favorite color

Thoughts
Flashbacks
Dreams

•••

Your POV

I had woken up about an hour ago and was eating breakfast with Aph.

"You excited for today?" Aphmau asked.

"I'm more nervous than excited to be honest." I said with a slight laugh. We talked for a few more minutes and then walked to the old Phoenix Drop area. We decited to go to the old dock and train there.

"Okay so let's begin with defending..." Aphmau started.

•••TIME SKIP cuz I'm a lazy writer•••

I fell on my knees panting and gasping for air.

"You're a quick learner (Y/n)! I'm really impressed!" Aphmau said.

"...thanks..." I said.

"I guess we can take a break now." Aphmau said and sat next to me. Once I caught my breath me and Aphmau started talking about random stuff.

"Do you really think I was that good?" I asked.

"Yes! I'm proud of you!" Aphmau said with a bright smile.

"Thanks! But... I don't think I was that good. I mean I just memorized what you showed me and blocked the spot you were trying to hit me. Plus I'm really not that strong..." I said disappointed in myself.

"Hey don't be so hard on yourself (Y/n)! You did great! And this was your first day of training anyway! If you really want to be amazing with a sword then I'd say that you just have to practice a lot and if you want to get stronger then you should stretch and maybe go for a small run or do some basic exercises." She advised.

"Okay. I'll think about it! Thanks for the advice!" I smiled slightly.

"No problem! Now shall we continue?" She asked.

"Why not?" I said and got ready for training.

"Okay so now we could practice attacking..." Aphmau started.

•••ANOTHER TIME SKIP cuz lazy af•••

"That was good! Now I think we could spar a little." Aphmau suggested.

"O-okay." I said nervous.

"Don't be nervous (Y/n)! All you have to do is try to pin me down." She said.

"Easier said than done." I said.

"Haha! Now let's start." She laughed. We got into positions and when Aphmau counted down from 3 to 1 we sprinted towards each other. Our swords collided and a loud clang was heard. I tried my best to attack Aph, but she was way stronger and faster that I quickly found myself pinned to the ground with a sword against my neck. Aphmau smiled and got off of me. She reached her hand out towards me. I accepted it and pulled myself up from the ground.

"I think this is good for the day! Good job (Y/n)! I'm proud my dear student." Aphmau said and bowed.

"Thank you sensei master." I said and bowed. We both bursted out into laughter and headed back towards the new Phoenix Drop for dinner. Before I knew it, it was time to go to bed. Me and Aph headed up the tree, but Laurence had a night shift today so he stayed behind. When me and Aph got to our beds we stayed up a little while to just talk, but soon enough Aphmau fell asleep and I was left with my thoughts.

I can't sleep... Maybe I should go for another walk? Or maybe practice my swinging? Yeah I'm gonna go practice.

With that I got out of bed, grabbed my sword and quietly headed down the tree. I walked towards the gate where I saw Laurence.

"Hey (Y/n)!  What are you doing here so late?" He asked.

"I couldn't get any sleep." I said.

"Oh! So you're going for a walk?" He asked.

"No. I'm going to the old dock to practice my swinging." I explained.

"Oh okay! Well good luck and be safe!" He said.

"I will! Thanks!" I thanked and walked towards the old dock. I practiced for about an hour until I felt exhsausted and headed back to the tree. I got to my bed and within seconds I was out.

•••TIME SKIP••

For the past three days I've become good friends with the villagers in Phoenix Drop and gotten better at fighting with my sword. Aphmau's been a really good teacher and has even said that she's impressed. She has no idea how happy me hearing her say that makes me.

Today was my last day in Phoenix Drop for now and in a few hours me, Aph and Laurence would be heading to the capital of the Phoenix alliance. I was kinda sad that I had to leave because there were so many great people here, but I was also happy because I would get to see a whole new place and new people even if I don't talk much. Also if I have luck I could get some training lessons from this Aaron guy that Aphmau told me about.

I'm super excited!

•••

Hey people! Hope you liked this chapter!

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think about this fanfic so far and I'll see you reading the next chapter soon!

Byeee!