crying and confessions

tw: drinking, implied panic attack, eating disorders

words: 1528

ages: dan - 19. phil - 23.

dan crashes at phil's after a university get together, but in his drunken state he spills all his secrets.

PHIL'S POV

I sat in my bed watching AHS on my laptop, although not really watching it. My mind kept wandering to Dan and if he was okay.

He was meant to be staying at mine as usual, but had gone out to a party instead. At first, he didn't want to go. And as much as I wanted to keep him all to myself, I told him he'd have to go out and make friends at some point. But now I was regretting what I said, and I couldn't stop worrying about what might happen.

Suddenly, my thoughts were interrupted by a loud banging on the door. I immediately froze and paused AHS. I heard it again, more forceful this time. My mind assumed the worst.

It's a murderer

Then I realised that a murderer would most likely break in instead of knocking. I slowly stood up, jumping when I heard the loud banging again. I made my way to the door and looked through the peephole.

No one was there

I carefully unlocked the door and opened it, nearly falling over at what I saw.

Dan was sat on the floor infront of my door, his arms holding up his weight, one leg ready to kick my door. His eyes were red and puffy, I could straight away tell he'd been crying.

"Dan? What an earth are you doing? You have a key."

He looked around to see where the voice had come from before noticing me, immediately he smiled wide and threw himself on me.

"Philly!"

I hugged back, confused.

"Why are you back so early?"

He pulled away and stared at me for a second before he burst into tears.

"Hey hey no, it's okay. Come on."

I practically carried him inside and sat him down on the sofa, all whilst he was still crying. I don't think I'd ever seen him cry before, and this was kind of getting to me.

He continued to cry louder, his body wracking with sobs. His breathing started becoming irregular and I started to panic. If he carried on like that, then he would pass out.

"Dan Dan Dan, you need to breathe. In time with me, okay? Just breathe."

I took a deep breath in, held it, and breathed out. After about 8 minutes he had stopped crying, his breathing was pretty much normal, aside from the odd hiccup and whimper.

Suddenly I felt a weight on my shoulder, I looked down to see Dan snuggling up to me. He'd never done anything like this before, not that I didn't enjoy it.

"What are you doing?"

I heard him sigh shakily.

"Cuddling you, missed you Philly."

I couldn't help but blush, thankful that he couldn't see me.

"Okay, you want to tell me what had you so upset?"