insecurities

tw: swearing

ages: dan-25. phil-29.

words: 1300

phil gets self conscious being around dan so much because he feels like he's not as good as his boyfriend, this makes him take things out on dan.

DAN'S POV

I smiled as Phil walked into the lounge, fully dressed to go out somewhere and already putting his shoes on.

"Where you off?"

He didn't look up from tying his laces, his tongue sticking out of his mouth adorably.

"I'm going to go get the baking ingredients for the halloween video."

My eyes lit up, they were one of my favourite videos to film. Apart from Phil is not on fire.

"Ooh! Can I come! I'll get ready quick! Please!"

I threw my laptop off my stomach, about to go into our bedroom so I could get changed.

"No, I'm going now anyway."

He seemed irritated, and I frowned.

"Please Phil, I'll only be a minute."

He sighed, going to open the front door.

"I said no Dan."

With that, he left, slamming the door loudly. I stood in the middle of the hallway, a hurt expression on my face. Why was he so moody? What had I done wrong? He was mad at me for some reason, and I didn't know why. He knows I love making the baking videos and everything leading up to it, what's gotten into him?

I spent the rest of the late afternoon feeling guilty for whatever I'd done to piss Phil off. It took a lot to make him angry, so I tried to make it up to him. I tidied the house, picking up any random socks and cleaning the kitchen. He'd been gone for two hours, and just as I was about to call him, he walked through the door.

"Phil!"

I went to take the shopping bags from him, but was shocked when he pushed straight past me and went into the kitchen. I brushed it off, maybe he just wanted to put them away himself?

"Did you clean in here?"

His tone was laced with anger, anger towards me. I had no idea why, and I suddenly felt like I'd done something wrong by tidying the house. I nodded.

"Why?"

I shrugged, helping him put away the things.

"Well I needed to keep myself busy, and now you don't have to do it."

I smiled at him but he didn't return it, he just nodded once before going into the living room. I sat down on the sofa next to him, putting the smallest bit of space between us.

"Why were you gone so long Phil? It's been two hours."

He just shrugged, he seemed to be in a horrible mood. I bit my lip, wondering what I could do to make him feel better.

"Are you alright love? You're so tense."

He sighed, undoing his shoe laces.

"I'm fine Dan."

His voice was still laced with aggression, and I stood up from the sofa. He obviously didn't want to be around me right now.

"Do you want anything? Coffee?"

He slammed his shoe down on the glass coffee table and I flinched, jumping back slightly at the noise it made. He looked up at me, and my insides churned at the hatred in his stare.