7

Part Of Me // Katy Perry

There was a lot of people in the kitchen, and they were all staring at Charlotte, Fred, George and Ella. Charlotte felt extremely awkward. But then George spoke, introducing Ella and the family. Mrs. Weasley claimed that she was too skinny, and sat her down before turning back to Charlotte and Fred. "Who's the lovely young lady, then?" Charlotte held in her breath. 
"Mum, Dad," Fred said, repeating George's words, "meet Charlotte." Before Mrs. Weasley could say anything, Fred's sister Ginny spoke up. 
"She's your girlfriend?" she said in disbelief. Oh, right, they would know Charlotte. But they wouldn't know her like Fred and George, but instead as both a Slytherin and a Malfoy. This made Charlotte want to scream, but she held it down, and look to the ground instead. 
"Yes. And?" Fred said, trying not to sound angry. 
"But she's-" 
"Whatever you think I am, it's probably what I'm not," Charlotte said quietly. She heard Hermione snort. 
"How do you know about-?" 
"Anything that'll do my parents head's in." Hermione chuckled. 
"Well, then sit down, Charlotte."

Dinner was a loud affair, with two extra people on the table. Ella and Charlotte were questioned a fair amount, and whilst Ella may have spoken quietly, Charlotte took every question on the chin. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ginny give her looks, but she didn't say anything. The Weasleys and Co still had no clue who her family was, except the younger ones.

It was in the living room when the trouble started. 

The entire family carried on questioning the two girls. Since there was no food, everyone was concentrating more on the questions, which Charlotte finally became aware of, due to her family and her house. But nothing of those sorts came up, until Ginny started asking questions. 
"Charlotte, do you have any siblings?" she asked. 
"An older and a younger brother," Charlotte replied. She could sense where this was going. 
"So, an only girl then." 
"Yep." 
"What're they called?" 
"Castiel, but I call him Cas, and Draco." Before Ginny could say something else, Ron spoke up. 
"Draco? As in Draco Malfoy?" Charlotte winced. "You're not related to that bar-" 
"Ronald!" Hermione scolded. 
"Sorry, bat, are you?" 
"Unfortunately," Charlotte replied, even though that was the opposite of how she felt towards her younger brother. He was her favourite in the entire family. 
"You're a Malfoy?" Mrs. Weasley asked. Charlotte sighed, and nodded. Not for the first time in her life, she was about to be judged on her surname. This was going to be fun. "What house are you in?" she asked. I gave Fred a panicked look, but he just nodded. So much for moral support. 
"Slytherin," Charlotte replied sadly. Mrs. Weasley turned to her son. 
"Your girlfriend is a Slytherin and a Malfoy, and you thought it was a good idea to date her?" 
"Mum, she's not who you think she is." 
"How do you know?" Mrs. Weasley asked. 
"Mum, Charlotte's really nice," George said. 
"Yeah, you're like, the first person to talk to me in what, six years?" Ella said, smiling at Charlotte. Charlotte smiled back gratefully. 
"And you've helped me so much with Arithmacy," Hermione said. 
"Wait, so, are you like your family, or not?" Sirius asked. 
"Oh, no. I hope not. Am I?" she asked Fred. He shook his head and smiled at her. Sirius gasped. 
"I knew you reminded me of me!" he exclaimed. "So, have you tried to run away yet?" he asked. 
"Only about twelve times." 
"I love her!" Sirius said. "Can we keep her?" 
"No!" Mrs. Weasley said. "For all we know, she could be a spy." 
"Mum, if she wanted to hurt me, she would have done so already." 
"I don't care; I want her out!" Charlotte stood up. 
"Lottie, no, sit back down," Fred said. Charlotte knew by now when he said Lottie, he was being serious. 
"Fred, it's okay, I don't want to make your Mum uncomfortable." 
"But where will you go?" 
"I think Juliet lives nearby, and there's always the Leaky Cauldron." 
"Nope. You may not leave," Sirius said. "I'd like to remind everybody that this is my house, and what I say, goes." 
"Can I become a Death Eater?" Harry asked. 
"Absolutely not." 
"Can I dye my hair?" Ginny asked. 
"Of course you can." 
"Yes!" Ginny exclaimed, and left the room. 
"Look, Mum, Charlotte's harmless," Fred said. "Lottie, if someone came at you with a knife, what would you do?" 
"I'd let them." 
"Not exactly the answer I was looking for, but good enough." 
"Fred, I'm sorry but she can't stay." Mrs. Weasley didn't sound sorry. 
"Dad, what do you say?" Fred asked, a pleading note in his voice. Mr. Weasley sighed. 
"Molly, we should get to know the girl first, before we make any rash decisions." 
"It's okay, Mr. Weasley. I can go." 
"Lottie, please, stay!" Fred said. 
"I think it would be better if I go." 
"I'd like it better if you'd stay." 
"It's fine. Besides, I remember the way to the Leaky Cauldron." Fred sighed. 
"If you're not staying here, then I'm going with you." 
"Fred-" 
"Molly, let him go," Mr. Weasley said, interrupting his wife. 
"Fine," she said, and stormed out the room, likely looking for her daughter.

Diagon Alley wasn't far. This was good, because Charlotte was feeling very awkward. Next to her, Fred was fuming and ranting about his mother, how she was never fair to him and George, just because they'd done nothing special. 
"But, you can make people laugh. Naturally. With good intentions," Charlotte said. "That's something really good. The only thing I can do is fall asleep in really weird places and positions. And fall off things. Like once, I fell off the toilet into the bathtub and it still brings tears to Juliet's eyes." 
"Well-wait- you fell off the toilet." 
"I was dizzy. And tired." 
"Thank Merlin I'm staying with you." 
"You don't have to, you know." 
"But I don't want you to be alone. It's Christmas! You should be with your family!" 
"They don't want me." Fred stopped, and pulled Charlotte into a hug. 
"I do." 
"In what way?"