8

Halsey // Gasoline

sorry for disappearing, guys. Hope you like it!!

Although Fred woke Charlotte up to let her know he was going, she didn't wake up until two. She sat there, staring at the wall for another half hour, before she moved yet again. It was so nice not having to do anything. Once she was finally ready and out on the London streets, she decided to go apartment hunting. 

She was legally old enough to live alone, and as this was her final year, she was ready to move out of her parent's (one of many) house almost straight away. She didn't want to stay there any longer than she needed. Of course, she'd start working straight away, but she had enough money in her savings to keep her going nearly ten years, if needed. 

Charlotte decided on London because she felt she fit best there; the busy, working lifestyle, the amount of tourists (wizarding and muggle) and the restaurants and shops and the general atmosphere. Charlotte loved everything about it. Also, it was near Diagon Alley, the Ministry of Magic and St. Mungo's, the places with the most jobs. It was perfect for her. And a muggle apartment would ensure she could get used to both sides of the worlds. 

She headed to a nearby estate agent, and the lady who served her, albeit surprised someone so young would want to live alone, was very friendly. Her name was Jane, and she showed Charlotte all the best places. It wasn't until the final one Charlotte fell in love. It went across two floors, with two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one en-suite), and living room and kitchen that faced each other, an office room, and one other room. It was the perfect size, and was very close to the Tube (a popular muggle form of transport).  The rent was quite cheap as well. By the end of the day, Charlotte got the place secure for when she came home in July. 

At the end of the day, Charlotte decided on telling Fred her news. She knew he'd understand why she was doing this. In fact, when she told him, he smiled slyly. 
"Well, you know, George and I have decided that it's not worth completing our N.E.W.T.s. After Easter, we're leaving. Who wants to stay with Umbridge, after all?" Fred said. 
"So, you're not gong to get your N.E.W.T.s?" 
"Nah, O.W.L.s are enough." Charlotte thought over this. 
"Well, if that's what makes you happy."

The next day happened to be Christmas Eve. Fred promised that both him and Charlotte would hang out, go check the new apartment out some more and start putting stuff in it. Charlotte wanted her bed in place, as well as some chairs or a sofa and a table. Also, a fridge. She wanted to be ready to move in at a moment's notice, and thought it'd be better to have the basics in there. 

They spent the day wandering around London, in a muggle shop named Ikea, where they picked up quite a lot of stuff for the flat. Charlotte decided on a minimalist theme, as she liked it best. They managed to get the bed, but instead of a sofa got two chairs and a beanbag. How they were going to get it all back, Charlotte didn't know. They also got a fridge, ready to be delivered for Boxing Day. As they set stuff up around the flat, she really started to fall even more in love with it. Fred mad it even more fun, mucking about with her but mainly lazing about on a chair, until it was time to build the bed. 
"Why can't we use magic?" Fred said, wiping his brow. He was using a new tool kit they'd bought to make the bed. 
"Because it's safer this way. Besides, we don't even know if it'll work with the bed; it's muggle made." 
"We couldn't even try?" 
"No, Fred. Now,..." 

Once it was build, it was well into the night, but they decided to eat out. 
"I want to spend as much time with you today as possible. Mum's making casserole, anyway, and I hate casserole," Fred said, upon being asked why he didn't eat at home. 
"Won't your mum get angry, or worried?" Charlotte asked, as they sat in a muggle restaurant named Nando's. 
"Nah. We should have tonight together." After eating (some very delicious chicken, Charlotte may add) they went for food shopping. 
"I don't want to get too much, cause we go back to Hogwarts in five days, and I don't want to leave it rotting in the fridge." 
"I can always get Bill, my older bother, to check in the house once a week," Fred suggested. She pondered this for a moment; but decided if Fred could trust Bill, so could she. He looked trustworthy, after all. 
"Sure, you can give him the spare house key before we go back." 

That night, Charlotte officially moved into her new flat. And the first thing Fred suggested? 

They had a sleepover.