35

Don't forget that the more you comment and vote, the more likely I'll post!

"How does a murder happen within the Ministry?" Amina asked, confused. Charlotte turned to her. 
"Because it's run by a man who's under You-Know-Who's name," she whispered in reply. 
"Why do you call him that?" Amina asked. 
"Because it's a taboo," Charlotte explained. Amina nodded. When Charlotte turned around again, she saw someone else familiar. 
"Remus. Hi," she called. "What are you doing here?" 
"I wanted your help with something," he started, walking over. "You were the only person I could go to."
"Not even Sirius?" 
"I haven't told him yet." 
"Yet? Remus, what-" 
"I'll explain when we get there. If you're..." he gestured to the crime scene. 
"Rian!" Charlotte shouted. 
"Yes, boss?" 
"You're in charge until I get back." 
"Yes, boss."

"Grimmauld Place. Remus, what-" 
"Shh! I think we can still get in..." He opened the door and let Charlotte in first. Both then nearly proceeded to have a heart attack as a sudden ghostly image of Dumbledore came at them. 
"We are not Snape! We are not your murderer!" Remus shouted, pulling out his wand. Charlotte followed suit, but they were not needed; the image dissolved. Following that was the sound of running footsteps, and not a moment later did Harry, Ron and Hermione appear, wands out like Charlotte and Remus. 
"Still don't get it," Charlotte reminded him. 
"Remus?" Harry said, unsure. 
"Hello, Harry, Ron, Hermione," he nodded at each. Charlotte just waved. '
"Why are you here, Remus?" Harry asked. 
"Yeah, why are we here?" Charlotte repeated. 
"Where are you going? What are you doing?" Remus asked suddenly. 
"It's none of your business," Harry said. "Dumbledore didn't want me to tell anyone." 
"See? I work a government job, Remus. I need to go." 
"Harry, I don't think you understand, I could help-"
"No, you can't. What about Tonks, anyway?" Harry asked, pacing.
"She's pregnant," Remus replied quietly. Immediately Charlotte patted him on the back. 
"Congratulations, Remus, that's amazing!" Both ignored her.
"You're going to leave your pregnant wife. Really? Who are you?" Harry asked. 
"I don't think you understand, Harry-" Remus repeated. 
"Think of my mum and dad. They barely got a year with me. And you? You're just leaving your wife and your baby? How unfair is that?" Harry ranted, getting heated up. 
"Remus?" Charlotte asked. He was silent. "If you love them..."
"Stay safe, Harry, Hermione, Ron," was all he said before leaving. The three teenagers turned to Charlotte. 
"You won't say anything, right?" Ron asked. Charlotte shook her head, smiling.
"But, if you're ever in need..." she trailed off, handing them a small cube with a button on top. "Don't be afraid to use it."