32

i love you i love you i love you - but please don't forget to vote and comment!

Today was the day Charlotte was going to choose her wedding dress. And of course, everyone was making a big deal out of it. 

Charlotte hadn't meant for that to happen. She'd just casually mentioned it to Juliet, who screamed and immediately phoned Ella, who also screamed. Two weeks later, they were sitting in some fancy shop, with Molly and Fleur as an addition. 
"So, what kind of dress are you looking for?" the assistant asked. 
"Um, nothing too fancy, plain and simple, maybe a bit like sundress?" Charlotte suggested. 
"Yes, ma'am. I'll be right back," the assistant answered, dashing away. Charlotte blinked at the suddenness of the action. 
"A simple sundress? Really?" Juliet asked. 
"I don't particularly want anything too fancy. I don't feel like I have to be to legally tell Fred I love him. He already knows that," Charlotte answered. 
"Woah, I did not ask for your life story." 
"I think it's nice," Ella said. "I think it'll look good on you too. Especially with your new hair." Again, both Ella and Juliet had had kittens when they found out. They couldn't get over it. 
"Here, ma'am. I think you'll like this one," the assistant announced, making her return. In her hands was a simple off-the-shoulder dress that looked as if it would just about reach Charlotte's knee. It was a beautiful sunflower yellow. "We have two other colours if you like." 
"No, that's a nice colour. Do I need to try it on?" 
"You don't have time!" someone shouted as they came through the door. It was Nott, and he looked out of breath. 
"What, Nott?" Charlotte asked. Nearby, Ella snorted. 
"Whatnot," she muttered to Juliet, who was negatively glowering. It did nothing. 
"Remember the other day you were telling us about that girl... um, Amina? Amina. Yeah, well she's here. Well, not here. But in the o-" 
"Thank you, Nott. I get the idea. Where's Rian?"
"Um, with her?" 
"Nott, you idiot. Go back, I'll be there in a second." 
"Yes, boss. See you in a second, boss." 
"You have to go?" Ella asked as Nott left. Juliet watched him go with a glare. 
"Yeah. Unavoidable. Tell them for me, would you?" Charlotte asked, trying to sound mournful. "Bye!"

When Charlotte arrived at the office, she saw Rian sat on the desk opposite to Charlotte's. 
"Connor!" she yelled, dumping her bag by her desk. Rian turned around and behind him she could see Amina, breathing a sigh of relief.
"Yes, boss?" he replied. 
"Do you not have a job to be doing?" 
"Lily is still processing all the evidence, boss." 
"So where's Nott?" 
"With the Captain," Rian answered, looking in the direction of Whitmore's office. 
"Why don't you go help Lily?" It definitely was not a suggestion. After a hard glare at Rian, he dashed out of the bullpen and left Amina alone with Charlotte. 
"Amina? I'm Charlotte Malfoy, Senior Team Leader," she introduced, holding out her hand. 
"Amina Sakhi. I'm part of the Pakistan Wizarding Agency's Internation Investigative Team," Amina said, shaking Charlotte's hand in return. 
"I do hope that Rian wasn't bothering you. He forgets to keep himself in check sometimes," Charlotte apologised. 
"Thank you, but he was no trouble. He was merely trying to entertain me, I think." Charlotte snorted. 
"And Theodore? Rian and I are quite hard on him, so he must've been happy to meet you." 
"Actually, as soon as he saw me, he dashed off, presumably to get you. When he returned, he dashed off elsewhere." 
"Oh," Charlotte replied. "Unusual. Nevertheless, I should update you on our current investigation. So, yesterday, we were called in for a shooting on..." 

They all worked several more hours, due to Lily finding something from a piece of evidence, but it did not do much to help them. It was eventually, at around nine-twenty pm, that something exciting happened. The elevator pinged, and someone walked into the bullpen and stopped there. All four team members looked up. 

Standing there was Draco. 
"Charlotte, I need help."