26

idk if any of you have read The Infernal Devices, but Charlotte and Henry kind of make me think of Fred and Charlotte. Also, love you all!!

It seemed that the explosion had only made Charlotte more determined in her search for her brother. More than once, Rian had caught Charlotte up late in the bullpen. Once he'd got the balls to ask her what she was doing, he was rather surprised by her answer. 
"No one hurts my family," she claimed angrily. Rian blinked, then just left the office. 

At the moment, a wedding seemed far off. It wasn't just Charlotte waiting till her brother was behind bars, but they'd had to tell everyone first. 
"Once Bill and Fleur have had their wedding," Charlotte told Fred. "That way we won't take any attention." 
"I've got an idea," Fred said. "We plan the entire thing, then invite them all last minute." 
"So they'll have to come in their pyjamas," she added.
"I love you, Charlotte." They'd been saying that to each other a lot more recently, since the explosion. Charlotte couldn't bear the thought of the last words she'd ever say to him to not be loving. Of course, she didn't really think that negatively. Mostly.

It was now the end of July, and both Charlotte and Fred had joined the Order ages ago. Both were still slightly in astonishment over Dumbledore, but they'd both accepted fast that they needed to carry on. Especially since it had been Charlotte's team given the duty of investigating his death. They just had to find Severus Snape. 
"Told you he was a dick," Fred had said. 
"Just because he was my head of house didn't mean I had to like him," Charlotte retorted. Fred let it slide with a shrug. 

Tonight, though, they were going to do something serious. They were going to get Harry out of Privet Drive to the Burrow. Charlotte had not told anyone what she was doing, and so when Nott had asked her what she was doing tonight, she told him it was 'Date Night'. That shut him up. 
"I feel so excited," Fred whispered to her, as they waited for instruction within the Burrow. "Do you do this kind of thing at your job." 
"We catch the criminal," Charlotte replied. "We only do this kind of thing if we need to move someone to a safe house." 
"Cool," Fred gushed. By this point, Mad Eye Moody had moved them all outside. 
"Apparate there with your partner," he barked. "And don't let anyone see you. Any tips before we go, Malfoy?" Charlotte hid her surprise. 
"Why are you asking me?" 
"It's your job, isn't it?" 
"Oh, Salazar. Um, don't die? We don't usually do this kind of thing." 
"Solid advice. Constant vigilance!" They all jumped. "Mundungus, let's go." The pairs were as so: Charlotte and Fred, Arthur and George, Ron and Tonks, Hermione and Kingsley, Moody and Dung, leaving Hagrid to go with Harry and Remus as extra protection. 
"This is so exciting," Fred repeated. He looked down at Charlotte. "I feel so badass." 
"Keep it inside, Weasley, we've yet to do anything," she reminded him, whacking his arm. 
"Are you like this with your colleagues?" 
"All the time. They think I'm some sort of hard-ass woman. As far as I know, Nott thinks I'm emotionless." 
"He doesn't still, right?" 
"He won't ask. He's too scared of me. And I've yet to call him out on it." 
"That is my woman." Fred kissed the top of her head.  Without much more talk, they apparated close to Privet Drive, and met everyone by the door. Moody knocked, and they ended up inside somehow. 

Trying to be as quick as possible, Moody launched into the plan almost straight away. At one point, Harry did refuse to go through with it, but it eventually happened. Out of their pair, Fred was going to transform into Harry. 
"I can't believe you're making me do this," Fred told Charlotte. 
"You volunteered," Charlotte reminded him. "You wanted to see how blind he is." 
"Oh, yeah." He'd just taken a sip, and was already pretty much Harry. 
"Oh, look," Charlotte said cheerfully. "We're the same height now." Fred almost glared. He started to strip magnificently as if he was putting on a show instead. "You never do that for me!" she claimed. Fred turned. 
"You want me to?" 
"Get some practise, first." 
"Oi, you two! That's enough," George shouted. 
"What do you think we're doing? Wedding planning?" Fred yelled back. Charlotte forced her face to stay straight. She'd scold Fred when they got back. 
"Ready, everyone? Good. Let's go out."

Everything had gone well. Until the Death Eaters had appeared. Charlotte was baffled, at first, for how could they know? She got over it fast though, as was her job. They were close to their safehouse, Fred's Great Aunt Muriel's, until the blasted DE had arrived. 
"You have abbreviations for them?" Fred whispered in her ear. 
"At my place, they're mentioned a lot. It saves time," she replied, shooting curses she knew at the DE. Fred was helping, and had managed to knock of the mask. With a small amount of shock (there was much adrenaline running through her body), Charlotte administered the platinum hair. Instead of wincing, like she'd wanted to, she shot a freezing curse at the man who used to be her brother, and it hit him full on. Before he could fall, Fred applied a hover charm, so he could control the broom and its rider to their location. They landed a short distance away, so that Castiel could not see where they were. 
"What are we going to do?" Fred asked. 
"Arrest him. There will still be people in the building; I'll send him there with a note to leave him with guards for me to deal with." Fred nodded; he was trying to know the leats amount possible of Charlotte's job.