The Battle of Hogwarts

ngl, I have been procrastinating- because technically, this is the last chapter of Rebels. but, there will be some epilogue scenes and authors notes, so keep a look out. also, i have a feeling this chapter has been much awaited, so thank you so much for everything! you all deserve this chapter! i love you!

also, do have to say this isn't excatly how i ever planned this, so I may re-write it.

Everything before the battle began was a blur. 

Charlotte vaguely remembered reuniting with her family before dashing off someplace to get started on the fight. Before that, she and Fred had a small goodbye. 
"Oi, lovebirds, this is a war, not a wedding!" George had yelled at them, mid-kiss, causing it to end quicker than either would have liked. Charlotte had some news she'd wanted to tell Fred, but now she had to hope they'd both survive the night just to tell him. 

Once Charlotte had gathered her team (just the four of them), she led them to the front. 
"We're practically as good as the Aurors," she explained to Amina, who looked a little freaked. "We have exactly the same training." 
"Hey, boss?" Rick called. 
"What?" 
"What's the plan?" Charlotte looked at him for a solid minute before answering, 
"There is no plan." And just like that, almost as if those were the magic words, it began, and soon spells were firing left and right at Charlotte, who began firing back without a second thought. Right next to her, Rian was both his wand and his gun; getting more people than the rest of the team. When Charlotte turned around a few minutes later, she could see her old Herbology teacher chucking deadly plants at the Death Eaters. She grabbed Rian's arm. 
"You're with me," she informed him. "Amina, Nott, stay together!" 
"Boss, where exactly are we going?" Rian asked, running after Charlotte. 
"The Great Hall. That's where they're taking the injured and the dead. We protect it." 
"Yes, boss!" 

Again, once they reached the hall, they took their places outside the doors and began to ward off the Death Eaters who tried to get in there. Once or twice, Charlotte saw someone she knew being taken in, but she was just on the lookout for bright ginger hair. At one point, it was very nearly close for Rian. 
"Rian!" she screamed, firing a spell at a Death Eater who'd crept up behind him. "Do me a favour, Connor, and don't get yourself killed." 
"I'll try, boss," Rian replied, shooting his gun at a guy who'd aimed his wand at Charlotte. 

There came a point, part way through when everything quietened all of a sudden. 
"Find the rest of the team, Rian," Charlotte ordered. "Make sure they're okay." 
"Sure boss. If it kickstarts again..?" 
"Then get your ass here," she told him. He nodded and set off to find Rick and Amina. Charlotte entered The Great Hall, just to make sure no one she knew or loved was in there. But she could sense it; something was wrong. She just couldn't put her finger on it. 

Her question was answered though, as soon as she made it only partway through. She could see the entire Weasley family, including Percy, stood in a sort of circle. George was squatting and there was...

Fred. Lying. On the floor. 

Everything slowed down for Charlotte as she made her way to the family. She could hear her heart beating a thousand miles and tears welling in her eyes. 
"Fred?" she squeaked, suddenly more scared than she'd ever been in her life. 
"Charlotte!" George exclaimed, and he almost sounded grateful. "Charlotte..." She didn't hear it though. She was on her knees now, next to her husband, squeezing his hand. It was barely warm, and she could barely feel his heartbeat, but it was there. Charlotte felt George squat down next to her. 
"He can't die," she told George. "This is the wrong time for him to die." 
"It's never the right time to die," he agreed. He was also crying, which kind of snapped her out of it. 

Charlotte pulled out her wand from her back pocket and started to apply spells to get him back to normal, away from the brink of death.
"Rian is so much better at this than I am," she muttered, not really loud enough for anyone to hear.
"Why don't you get him to do it, then?" a voice muttered very, very slowly. It was barely audible, but Charlotte caught it.
"Fred?" she said.
"Fred?" George repeated a moment after. One eye peeked open, then the other. 
"Are you my nurse?" he asked. Again, it was slow but louder. "Are you going to help me in the bath, then?" Charlotte snorted and whacked his arm, still crying. 
"Fred!" George exclaimed, pulling his twin up into a hug. "You gave us a fright!" 
"Yeah, next time you want to die, maybe give us a warning," Charlotte added. Molly and Arthur were now also onto their son, and so Charlotte stood up and moved back so that the rest of the family could do their thing. 
"You alright?" Rian asked from behind her. The rest of the team was with him. Charlotte wiped her eyes and nodded. 
"Where are we at now?" she asked them, initially assessing their physical forms. Both Amina and Rick looked like they had a few scratches and scars, but nothing serious. All three shrugged. 
"No one really knows, boss," Rian told her. She nodded, and they just stood there like that, looking at the other members. It wasn't too long before some kid shouted. 
"Look! It's Harry! And... oh." Everyone dashed off to follow the kid, to see what the fast change in his voice was. Charlotte turned around, just to check on Fred, but decided to stay anyway, because everyone else had gone. 
"Fred," she said again. 
"I am ok, Lottie, I promise. You?" She nodded. 
"I have some news, though," she told him. "I'm pregnant! Suprise!" Charlotte did little jazz hands to accompany the news. Fred blinked, then pointed at her stomach. Charlotte nodded. Fred smiled and put his fist in the air. "Yes!"