Chapter 7 ; Truth

'Baby you know who I am and girl I know just who you are, we ain't gotta rush into shit cause being in love is too hard.' Wishing – DJ Drama ft. Chris Brown, Skeme & Lyquin.

Layla's POV:

My mind raced for the minute I stood waiting for someone to answer the door. Stood like a fool in shorts too short to be seen in public and a tank that was practically see through with no bra. It had felt like an age since I had banged on the door.

I rocked on the heels of my bare feet, panic spreading through me. What had I done?

Just before I could chicken out and rush back into my apartment, the door swung open.

A dishevelled Justin answered the door still pulling on his t-shirt before he could look up to see who it was. My eyes were fixated on him, as he ran a hand through his tousled hair, my heart rate sky rocketing.

Well I didn't really think this through did I? Just as I was about to mumble a sorry and leave, his eyes finally met mine.

"Layla?" he whispered, "what are you doing here?"

"I-um never mind, I'll be going." I was now rambling, overcome with nervousness.

The door opened a little wider as a gorgeous woman appeared beside him at the door. She had a curvaceous figure, dark hair and dark eyes. Wearing a black jumpsuit, the straps were hanging off her shoulders as she fixed her medium length hair.

"Ooo, who's this babe?" she looked to Justin, a pissed off look on his face. "I'm Lena, and you are?" shoving a hand out to me. Not knowing what to do, still overcome with anger. I looked back and forth from her hand to her smug smile. I knew I had a look of bewilderment on my face as I squinted at her. Before 'Lena' could speak again, Justin strode away from the door returning a few seconds later with a small purse in his hand.

"You should be going Lena, don't try that shit again." He said shoving the purse into her hands, opening the door wider and making a gesture with his hand for her to leave. I just stood there, not knowing what to say, when she strode past me huffing and making her way down the stairs.

"I'll see you soon Justin! You too Layla." She said hollering from the staircase.

I frowned, she knew my name? Things were just getting weirder. I span on my heels making my way back to my apartment, when Justin caught my hand.

"Where do you think you're going Lay?" he said turning me around to face him.

His hazel eyes met my own green eyes as I replied, "I'm going back into my apartment, what does it look like?"

"Okay smartass, why don't we have a chat?" he rolled his eyes.

"Nah I'm good, I'm sure you wanna go and finish what 'Lena' started." I said taking my hand out of his.

"Woah, no need to get jealous babe. Nothing happened."

"You must think I'm really dumb for me to believe that. Me getting jealous? Never. That was you when you drove off and left me to walk home in the dark, Jay." I snapped at him.

"Layla, look about that. I didn't mean to storm off, I just got really angry. I didn't want him around you," He replied with a cute frown, "and about Lena, I swear nothing happened. She came onto me, she showed up here out of nowhere. I would never, I promise."

I huffed quizzing him like he had done to me, "how do you know her? Did your shirt just miraculously come off itself? Was I hallucinating when I heard her moaning?"