Chapter 13 ; Cold Water

"Baby, you're starting to wonder, girl I'mma have to keep it 100. Can I get you a towel? Wipe you down." Your Number Remix – Ayo Jay ft Chris Brown & Kid Ink.

Layla's POV:

To say I didn't want to get up the next morning to go to the airport, was an understatement of the century. Assuming the weather in Bora Bora would be relatively warm, I dressed casually, wearing denim shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt, practically dragging myself out of bed.

I yawned at the fact I had slept very little the night before, after arriving home from the garage, my mind running in overtime as it usually does.

Looking at the time, the time was 8am. Shit, I should get a move on, I have to be there for 8:30, I thought.

Not much longer later, I found myself stood outside Justin's apartment door, giving it a knock and rocking on my heels in excitement.

The door swung open, a frazzled looking Justin appeared, motioning me inside.

"Hey Jay, you alright? You look a bit flustered." I said with a slight smile, dropping my bags inside the door.

Justin paused from his manic scurry to finish getting his luggage ready to come to over to me, "Yeah for sure, I'm fine, just my lazy ass fell asleep as soon as we got home last night and I neglected to pack until this morning." He said with a sheepish grimace.

I burst out laughing, "Why are you like this? Well come on, we better hurry, we have to pick up Andy and get to the airport. Everyone's gonna be waiting on us." I grabbed his hand and lead us into his room to finish off his packing.

Perching myself on the end of his comfy king sized bed, I received a glare from the man himself, "What?" I questioned.

"You're being exceptionally helpful just sitting there, Layla." He huffed, zipping up his suitcase.

"Well, you would leave all your packing to be done the morning of, and your cute self would just head right off to sleep last night, right?" I hopped off the bed whilst speaking, coming face to face with him, tapping him on the cheek.

A grin appeared on his features, "You think I'm cute? You know I'm sexy, right? I wouldn't exactly use the word cute to describe this." He muttered while lifting his fitted t-shirt up to reveal his abs.

"Oh my god you are unreal, that's all you took from what I said?" I couldn't help but laugh, copping a look at his chiselled body at the same time.

"You love it, don't deny it." He smirked, grabbing my waist and bringing me close.

I felt the insane urge to just kiss him in that moment. Didn't I always? He had this aura of him, one that I couldn't shake, it was like he had some sort of ability to draw you in.

This wasn't good, I refused to admit it to myself but deep down I knew I was falling more and more each day I spent with him.

Ignoring my irritating conscience, I did the one thing I knew felt right.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I brought his chin down closer to mine. His eyes were hooded and lustful as were mine, his grip tightened at my hips, feeling the strength of his arms. His hazel eyes met my brown ones, not a word spoken between us, rather just staring at one another.

I leant up, pressing my lips softly to his. He kissed back eagerly, his hands skimming up the sides of my body to cradle my face, his thumb brushing ever so gently against my cheek, lips moving in sync with each other.

Fuck he was a damn good kisser, how was I meant to resist this?

His lips held me in a trance, heat spreading all throughout my body as I grasped at the back of his tattooed neck, those wings were the hottest thing I had ever seen. The closed mouth kiss was becoming desperate, the two of us wanting more.