Chapter 10 ; Go Out Tonight

'The way that you take my breath away, it feels like I'm slowly falling deeper and deeper, deeper and deeper.' One Love – Justin Bieber

Layla's POV:

"So, you have a thing with Justin huh?" I turned away from a smug Ellie standing behind the shop till, rolling my eyes.

"You say that as if you know him."

"I do." She mumbled before walking into the back of the shop, leaving me to serve someone.

"What do you mean?" I called after her, to receive no response. Ellie returned five minutes later, the shop now empty. I looked to her with an expectant gaze, leaning against the counter and my arms crossed.

Silence filled the shop front, the only noise that could be heard was the faint buzzing from the freezers around us. For the babbly, nosy teenager Ellie was, she was awfully quiet as I waited for her to speak.

"So how exactly do you know Justin?" I blurted out.

"Y'know he's a bit of a manwhore, I'd be careful." Ellie finally spoke, not even bothering to answer my initial question.

"I'm good, thanks. Don't think I need relationship advice from a high-schooler. Pretty sure I know what I've gotten myself into." I chuckled at my shady response.

Ellie had a dazed expression on her face. A pretty face at that, although she gave an extremely obnoxious and snobby vibe. Lost in my thoughts, I almost didn't hear her reply, "Do you? I wouldn't be so sure."

Not knowing what the hell she was on about, the ice creamery fell deep into silence once more, one that continued until I finished up my shift.

David appeared early to take over from myself, leaving just Ellie to work with him till they shut up shop for the day. Grabbing my bag, I hollered from the doorway "See ya later Davey boy, thanks for letting me off early!" not bothering to acknowledge Ellie's presence.

Soon enough I was sat in my lil white Suzuki, picking out a song for the ride home as I always did. Finally settling on 'Gold Slugs' by DJ Khaled, 'damn I loved that song', I thought to myself. Looking at the time on the dash, it was only 4pm.

"I wonder if Jay's still at work?" I murmured. Taking it upon myself I made my way over to Alameda Square, knowing it wasn't a long drive from my own work.

'I hope Jay doesn't mind me stopping by.' I thought as I pulled up to the entrance, the song still blaring from my sound system, windows down.

Parking up in a spot, I sat for a minute my favourite part of the song on.

"She said she only fuckin' with them thugs." I sang at the top of my lungs, bopping my head from side to side until someone scared the living shit out of me.

"Well, hello there. How can we be of help at the Phantom Garage?" My head whipped to my left, my hand resting on my chest in fright to see Justin leaning against my car door with a trademark smirk on his face.

"Justin! You scared the living daylights outta me!" My heart still racing, turning the ignition off.

"Hey, you were the one with the music blasting so loud that the whole of downtown could hear." He laughed opening my car door for me.

I huffed stepping out, "I just thought I'd do a nice thing and pop by to see you."

"Aw you came all this way just to see little old me? I feel special." Justin took my hand, walking us over the service centre of the garage.