Chapter 8 ; Ride

'You know what your problem is? You don't ever see the big picture, oh I want you to take me serious.' Play No Games – Big Sean ft. Chris Brown & Ty Dolla $ign

Layla's POV:

"Bieber! Bieber! Bieber!" the crowd chanted almost deafening me. I stood frozen in amongst them. Was this seriously happening right now? Justin of all people had to show up. Main attraction? I suddenly didn't know who he was.

I shook my head, focusing my gaze on the spot where Justin had been standing. He was gone. Just as I was about to walk closer to the Nissan he came out of, I felt someone grab my hand and pull me along behind them. Justin, with a tense look on his face, strode through the crowd and across the parking lot into the garage alley where multiple cars lay parked. The alley was narrow, only wide enough for one single car to fit.

His hand was grasped tightly in mine as he spun me around, pressing me against the cold brick wall.

''Justin, what are you doing?'' I said breathlessly, my eyes searching his face.

''What the hell are you doing here Layla? Who brought you here?'' He breathed exasperatedly.

''I- I what do you mean? What are you doing here? Is this what you've been hiding from me? You drag race Justin? What have you gotten yourself into?'' I raised my voice.

"Hush with the questions would you? I asked you first." He muttered, his eyes wide and staring into mine, our lips mere centimeters apart.

"Sara. She brought me here."

"How in the world would Sara know about this place Layla?" his tone demanding.

"Her new boy toy Andy, who I'm guessing is your boy ain't it?" I answered back. His eyebrows scrunched in confusion, moving his head away, "How'd you know that?"

"I heard you on the phone to an Andy a couple of weeks ago."

"Listening to my phone calls babe?" his lips curled into a smirk.

"Nah babe, you just talk really loud. And besides you don't tell me shit. Obviously." I motioned to the cars surrounding us. His smirk dissipated, a serious look reappeared as he came close yet again pushing me flush up against the wall.

"I don't tell you shit because it doesn't concern you, babe." He snapped.

"Is that so Jay? So you doing illegal shit doesn't concern me, when my family thinks were legitimately dating yeah?" Now pissed off, I brought my hands up to his chest to push him away. He grabbed a hold of both hands holding them up above my head against the cold bricks. Despite the chill in the dark alley, I wasn't cold, heat burned through me at the lust in his eyes. Why did he always do this to me?

"I'm sorry, I-I just didn't want you involved in this shit y'know?" he murmured in my ear, his head bowed down onto my shoulder. Releasing his hold on my hands, I brought one to his face lifting it to face mine. His mood changed quicker than anyone I knew.

"So this is what you do huh? You race?" I mumbled still in shock.

"This is all I know babe." He said, giving me a light peck on the cheek.

"Alright, alright. We're about to commence, everyone to their designated areas." A voice boomed over a speaker.

"Lay, that's my cue, I gotta go. Come on." Justin said hurriedly grabbing my hand before I could protest, myself trailing behind his long strides.

Justin pulled me over to a garage door that had been opened, the matte black 370z now parked inside. Andy stood against it, Sara next to him, smiling in conversation with one another.