Chapter 14 ; Wild

'When I get like this I can't be around you, I'm too lit to dim it down a notch cause I could name some things that I'm gon do.' Wild Thoughts – DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna & Bryson Tiller.

Layla's POV:

Still slightly pissed that Justin had flung me in the water and gotten my then clean hair a salty mess, I sat in Sara and Andy's room lounging over their couch. I had changed from my bikini into sweats after taking a long hot shower. One that Justin insisted he join me in, to which I politely declined shoving him out of the bathroom. Andy and him were shooed away whilst Sara and I got ready for the family dinner that had been organised.

"It's so amazing here, these bungalows are an actual dream, you're so lucky to have your parents do all of this Layls." Sara murmured looking out at the view of the ocean from her room window.

I sighed, "Yeah I am." I knew I was lucky to have wealthy parents but at least Sara's Mom and Dad showed her love, mine just threw money at things to make me 'happy' ever since I was little. I couldn't help but yearn actual loving relationships in my family, something I was never used to. Maybe that was why I was so hung up on Justin, because he actually showed me affection, he made me feel wanted.

Knowing my luck though, that was most likely going to change as soon as this wedding 'fake date' thing was over. I didn't let myself dwell on it too long before I went into Sara's wardrobe to help her pick an outfit.

"Did you hear that Ashley, Bianca and Sam are here already?" Sara chuckled awaiting my reaction to Chrissy's bitchy friends.

I rolled my eyes and flipped through Sara's clothes hangers a little too aggressively, "Don't even, I hate those girls so much. You of all people should know this Sar."

Y'know for my soon to be sister-in-law to be so lovely, she sure hung around with snakes. Those three mean girls had picked on me since Chrissy and Adam first met in middle school. In fact, I didn't even want to remind myself of the shit they put me through in high school.

I pulled out a navy dress from her closet as she spoke, "I know babe, but you have to put it past you," I flung the dress at her to try on, it landed on her face muffling her voice when she said this.

"Layls! Listen you're better than them, and you're gonna show them that tonight, looking beautiful with Justin next to you. They won't know what's hit them, when was the last time you saw them anyways?"

"Graduation." I mumbled. I wasn't that same girl from then, a mere 17 years old I was. That was five years ago, a lot had changed.

I had dropped a lot of weight from high school, I was almost unrecognizable. I didn't tend to talk about it much with people, only my family and Sara knew and I refused to show people photos of my high school years out of pure embarrassment. God no wonder, no guy paid me any attention then.

Girls like Chrissy's friends were quick to torment me for it back then, but they hadn't seen the new me. I couldn't wait to see their reactions at dinner tonight, but at the same time I dreaded having to deal with them.

"Damn well we have a job to do, let's go find you something stunning to wear." Sara chuckled excitedly, she loved dressing me up. Apparently, my own taste for clothes was too casual at the best of times.

I threw myself on my bed and lay sprawled out whilst I let her have a look through my clothes. She began throwing dresses at me to try on.

"Meh don't think that one is sexy enough for tonight." Sara giggled, whilst I sighed in frustration having tried on about eight dresses by then.