CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Penelope Zaragoza

January 11, 2013. Friday. In the morning, Penelope arrived back to Filipinas from her modeling stints all over North America and Europe. Her father and her brother wanted to discuss about the status of ZTC.

Penelope owned a three-bedroom condominium unit at Arevalo Tower in Palmaine City, Missi. Andrew stayed there whenever he was at Missi working at the main office of ZTC. The factory and the warehouse of ZTC were both in Celledar City, Gannevo.

She didn't like the idea of their parents and Andrew living at the ancestral mansion which was owned by Callie whenever they were at Gannevo. She insisted to meet the family at her condo for the discussion of the status of ZTC.

Andrew told his twin sister the situation, "ZTC will have to file bankruptcy if we won't be able to pay the unsettled loans. I tried to look for investors but so far only one had responded to my proposal but he didn't want to invest. Instead, he wanted to buy us out – Dad's shares, your shares and my shares."

Penelope asked, "What about Calliope's shares?"

Andrew stated, "Callix Valderama is a good friend of Calliope. It could be the reason why he didn't want to buy her out."

Penelope concluded, "So, Callix Valderama is this investor you're talking about?"

Andrew confirmed it, "Yes. If you still don't know. He returned in the country last year, started his own company, and the rest is history. He is now a multi-billionaire and one of the richest men in the world."

She knew, "Yes, I just read about him in a business magazine I happened to browse at the plane on my way back here."

Andrew suggested, "You dated him once in college, right? Do you think you can change his mind and just be a business partner to us? Dad can still retain his 40 % shares. Then we can just sell him our shares."

Their mother was surprised upon knowing her connection to the young billionaire, "You dated that billionaire! Maybe you should use your charm so he'll change his mind and just invest on the company. The guy is still very much single and there were no news about his dating life ever since he returned."

Penelope replied, "I'll try, Mom."

Their father reacted, "I don't think Callix Valderama is a man who mixes his personal life with business."

Andrew added, "Some people are already speculating him to be gay coz basically women are throwing themselves to him but he won't indulge."

Penelope convinced their father, "At least let me try, Dad. If it didn't work then I'm willing to sell my shares."

That evening, Penelope was able to track Callix at Club Ava. He was to treat for dinner an old friend from USA who happened to be married to her best friend Stephanie. She tagged along with Stephanie and her husband to the club for their dinner plans.

Callix wasn't at all surprised when he saw Penelope with his friend, Charles Smith, and his wife Stephanie. Charles is Timothy's twin brother. He assumed that Penelope already knew his intention of buying her family out of ZTC.

So after dinner, Penelope requested that they talked in private.

He agreed. he requested the club owner, Isaac Zulueta, so that they'd be able to use the privacy of his office for the talk Penelope had requested. Isaac Zulueta was a fraternity brother so he agreed.

Penelope started talking once they sat down at the sitting area of the office opposite each other. "I heard that you wanted to buy us out of ZTC." She leaned forward at the center table revealing her rich cleavage.